Uses For Venus Room After The Closure of Earth Exchange

I’ll also find a time for one-off activities that I’m planning myself :smiley:

• a old presentation from last year’s Polyglot Gathering that I gave on Regional Mexican music

• a Kahoot quiz of this year’s Conference and stuff related to it

• as promised to Zeina, a Polyglot bachelor party :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: Participants can share pre-wedding rituals and traditions so that we all learn about how this ceremony is done in many countries

I’ll post dates for these pretty soon.

9 Likes

Hi Miguel @MultilingualBronxite ! So sorry to bother you again, could you help us edit our Korean and Japanese language exchange timings?

(UK time)
Saturday :
11am - 12pm : Korean/12pm - 1pm : Japanese
Sunday
11am - 12 pm: Japanese/12pm - 1pm: Korean

Thank you so much!
@Takashi

3 Likes

I am so excited about the virtual party! Let me know when you and your fiancée are available for it (I know you said she might want to be part of this too) - what exact date and time - and I will help plan it accordingly. :smiley:

Could anyone please let me know what level of Spanish will be offered on Monday and Wednesday?

Also, will there be a native speaker?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi @Zeina-AR-DE-FR-EN! Regardless of level and proficiency, anyone who is interested in practicing Spanish are welcome to join on both days! I’m a new beginner in Spanish myself so I hope to be able to meet more Spanish speakers here! I’m not sure if there will be a native speaker but I hope Spanish native speakers can come join us :slight_smile: Even without native speakers, we still can practice and exchange Spanish studying tips!

8 Likes

There are Spanish sessions? I will have a look at them and try to join you :slight_smile: I’m a beginner myself more or less (A2 maybe?), especially in speaking, but I understand a lot of written Spanish thanks to my French :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes sounds perfect! I am a beginner too and might just tune in to listen.

All right. She’s actually having her own bachelorette parties, so I don’t know if she’ll join us :stuck_out_tongue: But I told her about me having my party in the Venus Room and she was okay with it. Maybe if she’s home, she’ll pop by.

One of those Spanish meetings is a good time for me, so I can pop in as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok sounds good!

So, now we need to have a set day to do this. How about Wednesday the 18th at 1pm EST, which will coincide with the Spanish session that day? If not, is there any other day that you prefer?

2 Likes

Hi @MultilingualBronxite and @Candace, can I book the Venus for 15.00 GMT Sunday for French practice please? Thank you! (cc @Jade)

5 Likes

Hello @Candace and @MultilingualBronxite,
Can I book 19:00 - 20:00 on Fridays and 13:00 -14:00 on Sundays (UK time) for Thai language exchange? Thank you so much! :grinning:

3 Likes

It’s great to find people learning Thai here! I’m a native Thai speaker so I can pop by on Sunday and help those who need help

4 Likes

:blush: Too easy! Done!

1 Like

Of course! Done! :grinning:

2 Likes

Thank you @Candace :grinning:

3 Likes

!سلام

Candace, could you perhaps post a screenshot of the updated spreadsheet here for our reference, as more slots have now been filled?

!خیلی ممنون

1 Like

Hey @RonP! I believe @MultilingualBronxite given the link to access the spreadsheet here. You can click on the link given to check the latest updates. :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi Jinyoung!

Thank you, that’s a big help, so many interesting regular sessions. :slight_smile: @Candace: sorted!

1 Like

Hello @MultilingualBronxite and @Candace!

How are you guys!? So, could any of you please add Karaoke :microphone: to the schedule?

We will sing Karaoke every Friday at 8PM EST or 1:00AM London Time!
I am hoping to see everyone there!

2 Likes

Done!

On the schedule, it will show up as 1 AM Saturday, but indeed it is 8 PM Friday night EST :slight_smile:

2 Likes