Polyglot Conference Global 2021 - Registration & Plans

Hmmm… what kind of audio do you all wish to play during the practice sessions? :slight_smile: I’m a bit confused.

1 Like

Just an idea for a language workshop for training pronunciation, I would share sound recordings from native speakers. There is a function on some zoom calls that you can share the audio playing on your computer directly to the call. Don’t worry about it, just curious if it is an option.

2 Likes

I don’t see why that could be a problem. Maybe because in Europe, they have those Internet laws and stuff. But all this would really be for personal use, not commercial use at all, so I don’t think it’s an issue.

2 Likes

@Elisa the programme page here: https://2021.polyglotconference.com/programme/ has times listed for live events.

@Elisa
I think some devices (or browsers) can’t show the programme. I have the same problem with my tablet, but it works on other devices.

1 Like

The programme has been updated, but is it correct - especially for tomorrow, October 15? Does the opening ceremony indeed happen at 8:00pm London time? In the programme, there are still uTalk/LangFest sessions scheduled for tomorrow but not for the rest of the week, unlike what’s said in the LangFest/uTalk topic.

The time for the Opening Ceremony is correct. The LangFest/UTalk sessions start on Saturday, as it said in the thread.

2 Likes

There are still quite a lot of programmes not yet added to the programme list like iTalki lessons, quizzes and language exchanges etc, so I think they are still trying very hard to add those stuff in and do all the corrections to get ready for tomorrow. Let’s give them some time and check back tomorrow :blush:

4 Likes

i didn’t get the link to the live environment

I registered this morning and haven’t received any credentials either.

1 Like

Hi Alejandra! Welcome!

Did you register for a ticket on the Eventbrite site? And then did you get the email from the site with the link to the 2021 Live Environment?

1 Like

Hi Chris!

Remember to also check your spam folders in case the email may have accidentally gone there.

2 Likes

Is it just me or are the italki classes not yet scheduled in the programme ? And the Sun, Earth, Mercury and Mars rooms seemed to be all not yet opened?

1 Like

Yes, it’s the same for me as well. It’s still early morning in Europe so I think they’re probably doing the last preparations and everything (hopefully) will be ready by the opening ceremony. Let’s just wait and see how it goes later :blush:
พี่จูเนียร์🙏🏻แต่ฉันคิดว่าหลัง 2:00 น มันก็จะยังไม่พร้อมเลย รอกันเถอะ

2 Likes

Alright. I see. ขอบใจนะ จินยอง เจอกันคืนนี้ที่คอนเฟอเรนซ์

1 Like

Szia Miguel,

The opening ceremony starts at 8pm London time, right? I saw some starge times in the program like 13 pm instead of 1 am. I just don’t want to miss it.

Thanks!
Anikó

@MultilingualBronxite

2 Likes

Hi everybody! This is my first post in the forum and my first time in the conference.

I see many events in the programme, although their order is slightly confusing. Is there a way of listing the events from the earliest to the latest?

Also, one suggestion. I would certainly welcome a room to practise Hungarian, my most recent language! I wouldn’t dare charing a discussion myself though. My speaking ability is greatly limited so I couldn’t feel more embarrassed.

3 Likes

Welcome to the conference! Also, don’t feel embarrassed - I’m going to create some events for Mongolian and Kazakh even though I am a beginner in both and not at all good at speaking.

4 Likes

Szia @Jotace,

I proposed Hungarian sessions. Saturday 10 am, Monday 9 am, and Wednesday 5 pm London time.
If they will be accepted you will see them in the program, but feel free to propose new ones if you want. I am sure people would join you and I will join if I can.
The Wednesday one is a regular practice so you can join us every week.

Üdv.:
Anikó

4 Likes

Oh thank you! I’ll try to attend and also to speak something beyond greetings! My speaking is fully undeveloped even though my reading is probably closer to B1 than to A2.

2 Likes