Polyglot Conference Global 2021 - Registration & Plans

As far as I know, all the language practice sessions are just someone volunteering to host a session. If you want to host one you can also add a session to the program. The regular ones are not one-off events, but recurring sessions. Not sure about the iTalki lessons but I imagine this week

Hello! I have received days ago an email stating that my account was active, but every time I try to log in I receive a message saying that my account needs to be approved. What am I supposed to do?

1 Like

Hi Elisa!
Write an email to the organizers, they will help you.
polyglotconference@gmail.com

I’ve already sent an email to this address three days ago, but I received no answer.

Oh, I see. I am sure they will solve the problem by the start of the conference. I think they just get a bunch of emails. I had no problems but I signed up really early.

Yesterday, I successfully registered myself and completed all the steps in a matter of hours. It can be that the organizers will go through the e-mails with issues the coming days, but I have experienced enough cases with other organizations when there appeared to be an administration failure when I managed to contact them.

I’ve read that users can have different ranks of respect here. Perhaps people with the highest rank of respect (I bet they are called Leaders) might help you with getting this solved?

Could you perhaps help @Elisa who said elsewhere in this topic that she is having activation issues?

There are some practice sessions on the Programme that are organized by a host this year (usually by Olga and Richard), but they both really are language practice sessions. Olga will be the native speaker in the Bulgarian and Russian sessions, but everyone of all levels can join the sessions. The Italki sessions should be programmed soon, I believe they have to look for willing teachers / tutors who wish to run learning sessions or lead conversations in the Italki University room as well.

2 Likes

Hi Elisa! This year, Richard has to look over and approve accounts before we all get the chance to enter the Live Environment. It’s different than verifying our accounts there, which is also another step that we have to do.

It’s a good idea to send an email, as you have done, and if the problem persists, try sending another one tomorrow. I have sent Programme requests to which I haven’t received any responses yet, so I understand that this week is a very busy week for the organizer team. Myself, I only help running the forum. I can’t do anything else besides this.

2 Likes

And what are the differences between regular practice sessions and the hosted ones (by Olga and/or Richard mainly) aside from that the former ones are apparently recurring?

Quick question… I can’t seem to find any notice on the Programme page that tells us what time zone the programmes are listed in. Thanks!

1 Like

90% sure they’re tailored to your time zone. I tested on my computer, switching time zones seemed to switch the times in the program

Thanks… I think I’ll have to send another email as my language exchange time in the programme doesn’t match up to what I had requested.

Hello!

I see a number of login questions here. Thanks, Miguel for highlighting the approval process this year for the Live Environment access.

If you don’t have access to your account, it’s probably best for these issues that you write an e-mail directly as that’s more easily dealt with in an inbox than on this thread. If you still have login issues, please do reach out.

Looking forward to seeing you all soon!

No difference, really, other than the people that will lead the practice sessions.

3 Likes

A quick question about the live session practice rooms, if we wanted to host a language learning session and share audio during the session, would it be possible? Or is that something that only certain admins can do?

2 Likes

I couldn’t find any time on the Programme page: where did you find it?

I couldn’t find what time zones the times on the live sessions are listed for on the programme at all.

Everything I believe is listed in London time.

1 Like

The programme times on the programme list is already converted to the time zone of your device. So if the time zone of your device is set to the time zone of your current location, then you don’t need to do any time calculations

5 Likes