LangFest Activities 2021 (including uTalk Quiz!)

Hmm… let me rephrase… For instance, in the programme, for Oct 19th, 16:00 Ny time, the topic I signed up to lead at that time says, like others there:

### Topic Rooms 2

You speak a minority language? You have a language-related job? You were raised in a multilingual family? Or do you know anything else that is interesting or uncommon and involves languages? Come and meet other participants to share your experience. Format: during the first 5 or 10 minutes, you will briefly introduce your topic. During the rest of the session, which will aim for an approximate duration of 30 minutes, you will interact with and answer questions coming from the people participating.
THE VENUS ROOM

I am wondering if the organizers might simply add the link https://bit.ly/LF21-Activities to the Langfest activities and topics with the text above in each of the Programme page boxes it appears in? :slight_smile:

1 Like

At the moment, they can’t simply fill out the boxes with the name of the meetings because it’s different people managing each part. Nicolas is managing the Topic Room applications and updating the file, while Richard is the one who updates the Programme. Richard already does many other things, so for him to update the Programme, Nicolas would have to send Richard the specific info on the Topic Room each time, and at the moment, Richard could barely find time to answer my own requests.

1 Like

Yes, I understand and definitely appreciate that… which is why I suggest that if Richard or whomever edits those programme boxes just pop the link into those particular boxes. Then folks not reading the forums will find the topics. It would solve some of the confusion a few folks I know are having. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The other issue is that, that link is for ALL the LangFest activities, not just the Topic Rooms. It wouldn’t be necessary to post the link each time to read everything. Plus, the links that are posted in the boxes are not clickable. The Italki teacher sessions have the links of the teacher profiles, for instance, but they are not clickable, you have to copy and paste each time. :confused:

1 Like

Is the quiz still held in the Sun room? Can’t seem to get in

3 Likes

Yeah, neither can I

Were we perhaps too late?

I tried entering 5 mins before it started and couldn’t get in till now

2 Likes

I think we all have this issue

Here’s hoping it works soon :crossed_fingers:

It won’t be that, last year people often arrived a few minutes late. Are you getting a ‘host has another meeting in progress’ error message too?

1 Like

Ah okay, Jinyoung said they could get in now, but I’m still getting the same error message as you, Steven.

I didn’t say I can get in now… I said I still couldn’t get in…:joy:

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know, if you are trying to get into the Sun room for the Quiz today (Oct. 16), there are currently a couple of technical difficulties, but they should be solved soon! See you all soon!

4 Likes

Hi everyone,

New link for the quiz: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88055035252?pwd=aE9aN3RJU09EOTNreHNsZ2Q0SkNiZz09

Sorry for the issues!

3 Likes

Made a separate thread to track scores for the quizzes this week - hope everyone had fun and see you all tomorrow evening! :point_right: uTalk Quiz Scores

1 Like

Hi everyone!

Thanks for coming to the quiz today, we hope you enjoyed it as much as we did!

The Sun room is back in business so we’ll be meeting in there tomorrow as planned for our next quiz at 10pm London time.

See you tomorrow! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I guess I missed a great quiz!! Will definitely be there tomorrow!!

Meanwhile, I had a GREAT karaoke session though! :wink:

Amazing, amazing, amazing voice of @SuzanneZaccour singing Speechless in 8 languages!!

3 Likes

Hi everyone!

Two days ago I sent an application for the topics room but I forgot to write a date; then I received an E-mail about it and wrote a reply, but unfortunatelly nobody gave me any information about possible time slots, for that reason I’m writing here. So it would be great if it’s possible to have my event on Friday in any time from 13 to 20 at the London time. If there aren’t free slots for this day, on Saturday would be also great.

I hope we can find a suitable time)

1 Like

I just applied to do a Topics Room too, hopefully it’ll come through!

1 Like

Hi Alisa,
Thank you for your interest in the Topic Room. I went through our application form, but do not see your submission. As you see below, @DJWaaleyBabu also sent in a submission, but there’s only 1 slot left. So my plan is to put both of you on Oct. 22, 1PM London time, and, along with @ecluna77 , would ask you to please each take 20 min, instead of 30 min.

Alisa-Kalina, could you please write here your title, and short description of your discussion topic?

Thanks.

1 Like