LangFest Activities 2021 (including uTalk Quiz!)

Here’s hoping it works soon :crossed_fingers:

It won’t be that, last year people often arrived a few minutes late. Are you getting a ‘host has another meeting in progress’ error message too?

1 Like

Ah okay, Jinyoung said they could get in now, but I’m still getting the same error message as you, Steven.

I didn’t say I can get in now… I said I still couldn’t get in…:joy:

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know, if you are trying to get into the Sun room for the Quiz today (Oct. 16), there are currently a couple of technical difficulties, but they should be solved soon! See you all soon!

4 Likes

Hi everyone,

New link for the quiz: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88055035252?pwd=aE9aN3RJU09EOTNreHNsZ2Q0SkNiZz09

Sorry for the issues!

3 Likes

Made a separate thread to track scores for the quizzes this week - hope everyone had fun and see you all tomorrow evening! :point_right: uTalk Quiz Scores

1 Like

Hi everyone!

Thanks for coming to the quiz today, we hope you enjoyed it as much as we did!

The Sun room is back in business so we’ll be meeting in there tomorrow as planned for our next quiz at 10pm London time.

See you tomorrow! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I guess I missed a great quiz!! Will definitely be there tomorrow!!

Meanwhile, I had a GREAT karaoke session though! :wink:

Amazing, amazing, amazing voice of @SuzanneZaccour singing Speechless in 8 languages!!

3 Likes

Hi everyone!

Two days ago I sent an application for the topics room but I forgot to write a date; then I received an E-mail about it and wrote a reply, but unfortunatelly nobody gave me any information about possible time slots, for that reason I’m writing here. So it would be great if it’s possible to have my event on Friday in any time from 13 to 20 at the London time. If there aren’t free slots for this day, on Saturday would be also great.

I hope we can find a suitable time)

1 Like

I just applied to do a Topics Room too, hopefully it’ll come through!

1 Like

Hi Alisa,
Thank you for your interest in the Topic Room. I went through our application form, but do not see your submission. As you see below, @DJWaaleyBabu also sent in a submission, but there’s only 1 slot left. So my plan is to put both of you on Oct. 22, 1PM London time, and, along with @ecluna77 , would ask you to please each take 20 min, instead of 30 min.

Alisa-Kalina, could you please write here your title, and short description of your discussion topic?

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Tetsu,

it’s a beat strange that you can’t find my submission - I sent it Sunday evening and, as I said, on Monday I received an E-mail from your team and sent a reply. Actually I wrote one more time at Tuesday morning, and after that I posted the message here.

So, 20 minutes is not so much, but if it’s the only one possible solution, then Ok.

The tittle is “German, I love you!”
Description: during my study at the musical university as a classical singer I decided to perform more German repertoires, but it was so difficult to memorize German texts without any knowledge of language. For that reason, I started to learn it, and so began my story with this beautiful language six years ago. I also have experience in Italian, Chinese and Spanish, but German is my favourite. I’ll talk about how I reached the c1 level without any courses and private lessons, how music and literature help me learn languages, share my learning and teaching experience, give you some recommendations about good textbooks and internet-resources. Now I study at the university in Austria, because I got a scholarship from my Russian university where I’m completing a master’s degree in German linguistics. End of this year by one of the leading Russian publishing houses will be issued my own textbook for German learners. I’m going also to tell some words about how and why I created it. I hope that my story can encourage more people to learn this language.

And I also would like to ask you about making a recording of my speech if it’s possible.

Hi everyone, just wondering what the topic for the next uTalk quiz (which presumably is tomorrow) is - given my recent results, I’ve realised I may need to revise a bit.

Thanks!

@Emily @charlottee can you answer pls?

1 Like

I’ll be posting it in this thread :point_right: uTalk Quiz Scores in the next 30 minutes or so, so keep an eye out there! :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for your understanding. I’m sorry I don’t know what happened, but I simply do not see your submission on our Google Form. Even less mysterious is that you got an answer from us, because I’ve asked our volunteers about it and noone seems to know. Perhaps you could forward the answer to me tetsu@langfest.org?

As for recording, please remind me or the moderator at the session, and we’ll ask everyone in the room before recording.

It looks like I can’t attach any screen here, but I received An E-mail from polyglotconference@gmail.com with tittle “Your proposal to speak” which said:

Hello there,

Thanks for proposing a topic for the programme. Unfortunately we cannot schedule anything without a day and time. Grateful if could you give us a time for this purposes and we will happily schedule it for you.

All the best,

Richard

And I sent two E-mails for this adress.

Hi Alisa,

There seems to be some misunderstanding. As per the title of this thread, the Topic Rooms is an activity organized by LangFest within the Polyglot Conference, and the link to submit your proposal is in the post at the very top.

But anyway, it’s fine, we were able to provide you a spot. The time and descriptions are here:

Talk soon.

Hi Tetsu,

thank you, now I can see my name at the Google-document. I hope, the tittle and the description that I posted here will be published also on the site.

1 Like