Arabic room - let's chat

Yes Joe! It will be in the Arabic language room, on Planet Earth :grin:

1 Like

Sounds so interesting! I’ll try to attend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wonderful! Thank you Blanche !

1 Like

Hey Zeina, I was happy to see it. Count me in! Is it going to be in Arabic or in English?

1 Like

We will be talking in English and Arabic will be used to address specific examples :blush:

1 Like

:frowning: Sorry I can’t come at that time. I’ll be at work! I’ll pass it on. The talk looks really interesting. I’ve been learning MSA but am I doing the right thing?

1 Like

Allow me to jump in @Andy . There is no right or wrong -at least I believe the choices you make depend on your objectives- If in case you changed your mind and wanted to focus more on a specific dialect, MSA will definitely gives you a solid and strong foundation, it would make your life easier.

4 Likes

I would have loved to join, but I have work at that time :confused:

1 Like

Absolutely Andy! MSA should be the primary language to learn unless you plan not to use your Arabic for reading or if you only want to speak in one dialect :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi everyone!

If interested, kindly, check out my two other sessions this weekend and mark your calendars please.
I am really excited to discuss these topics with you and hope to see you all there!

Again, if I forgot anyone, please let them know :slight_smile:

Saturday, 24 October 2020 at 10:00:00 EST
MSA discussion on Arabic in the Translation Industry -
EARTH EXCHANGE MULTILINGUAL WORLD
This will be a guided Arabic (MSA) language practice session about the Arabic language in the translation industry. (language spoken: Arabic MSA)

Sunday, 25 October 2020 at 09:30:00 EST
Let’s talk Translation - An English Discussion for all Language Speakers -
EARTH EXCHANGE ENGLISH
A discussion about the translation industry, languages, its challenges, and its influence on our world. (language spoken: English)

@Johanna @Amirul @Marzanna @Blanche @Motz @Alanood @Alma @Rina @Alberto @Domi

5 Likes

Great idea!!! A much needed discussion. I’ll be there for the MSA session, and hopefully also for the other one.

2 Likes

شكرا لك يا زينة على طرح الموضوع. سأحاول التواجد في الجلسة. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

@Zeina-AR-DE-FR-EN Your presentation today was absolutely fascinating!! Great job! You should present it at a future Polyglot Conference.

Is there a way that we can access the slides? Was your presentation recorded?

4 Likes

Yes, it was a great presentation, Zeina! Lots of useful insights. Many many thanks! And I loved the moustache and the father’s bald head sayings! :wink:

1 Like

Thank you again for your awesome presentation @Zeina-AR-DE-FR-EN :slight_smile: I really enjoyed it at lot!

1 Like

@Blanche thank you so much for your kind words. I really appreciate you taking the time to attend the session today! :smile:

Unfortunately, I completely forgot to record it, but since I have been asked about that a few times already, I am planning to record it later and perhaps post it on YouTube or share it in some other way.

I will let you know for sure though! :smiley:

3 Likes

I saw your presentation on poetry. I couldn’t attend it although I really wanted to!! I was busy getting my presentations ready :frowning:

Tell me all about it next time we chat - yeah? I want to know what types of poetry you guys discussed :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Marzanna and @Rina

Awwww thank you!!! I loved having you two as part of the session as well!! I know how much you love the Levantine dialect, and it is always a pleasure discussing such topics with you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Marzanna
Mana - Yes, we have a lot of hilarious idioms in Lebanese! Gosh… I had a whole list but not enough time anymore. But hey - next time we chat, remind me to share them all with you! :smiley:

1 Like

مرحبا زينة. لم أكن هنا في اليومين الماضيين بسبب العمل. إنني أتطلع إلى درسك اليوم MSA discussion on Arabic in the Translation Industry. سأراك اليوم فيه. :heart:

1 Like

عظيم عظيم!!

يسعدني هذا الخبر كثيرا!!!

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like