Arabic room - let's chat

I’ll try to join! But it’s not 100%, as my sleep schedule has been pretty bad.

1 Like

Don’t worry, I’m not much better with time zones and keeping track of everything. I always have to refer to Google to check if I got it right :joy::see_no_evil:

1 Like

I’m in! Looking forward to meet everyone

2 Likes

Hi everybody :slight_smile: Already looking forward to tomorrow :slight_smile:

My Arabic teacher will also try to sign up here and offer an Arabic lesson tomorrow one hour later (5 p.m. Vienna time). I hope it works and maybe some of you are interested, too? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello Zeina,
Sorry to have missed you last night. I spent a lot of time in the French and Chinese rooms yesterday. It would be good to try to practise some Arabic (I will do most of the listening though!!!)

Unfortunately, I’ll be working from Tuesday to Saturday here in the UK. I’ll just try and catch up and log in after work.
Let’s keep in touch after the conference though. I’ve really enjoyed chatting in the rooms with you and others. It’s great to hear peoples’ stories and practise lots of languages.

Andy

1 Like

Ok Haha

Well I am excited either way for tomorrow and would be more than happy to meet your teacher. :blush:

1 Like

Thank you for joining us!

No worries Andy!

I was online for a short period of time and didn’t plan to stay too long. I wanted to spend time with my husband and children as well :blush:

Zeina

1 Like

@Carlo and you can also find us here :slight_smile:

@Zeina-AR-DE-FR-EN - this is all good. Let’s try to arrange those meetups whenever it suites the native speakers of Arabic best. It really makes a difference when one of you is present. I’ll be with you whenever I can. I may be able to join you tomorrow after 10.30 am EST. Warm greeting from Scotland, everyone, and hopefully see you soon! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok sounds good! :slight_smile:

Hey, did you see? There is an Arabic guided conversation session with a teacher from italki today at 5 pm GTM. See you there? But I’ll be up for joining our Earth Exchange chat before, too.

1 Like

Hi Zeina, that’s a great idea! I can’t tell 100% if I can make it today but I will try my best :innocent: :innocent:

1 Like

Yes :slight_smile: that’s my iTalki teacher actually :slight_smile: I’ll definitely be there today :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Mana!

I will do my best to attend the 5pm session. Hope to see you earlier though!

Hi everyone, I might not make it to the Earth room session, my PC is giving me some troubles. :see_no_evil: I’ll definitely be there for the lesson, if nothing works I’ll just have to use my phone :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m coming, but I’ll be a little late :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the talk :slight_smile: Nice to meet all of you!

1 Like

Hi ladies and gents!

I will be hosting a workshop on Lebanese Arabic this Friday at 11 am EST. I am planning to discuss the dialectal variations with respect to MSA, among other related topics.

The name of the workshop is “A Guide to Lebanese Arabic with Zeina.”

I am very excited to share this with you, and I hope to see you all there!!

If I forgot to tag anyone, please, pass on the date and time for anyone else who might be interested. :smiley:

@Johanna @Amirul @Marzanna @Blanche @Andy @Motz

4 Likes

Sukran jazeelan, Zeina! I’m definitely interested, since that’s the Arabic dialect that I would like to learn. I’ll be working then, but I’ll try to listen in. Thanks so much for being so willing and eager to share your knowledge with all of us! I just saw the program: this is going be on Earth Exchange-Arabic, right?

1 Like