Who are up for one to one or small group language practice?

Hi, I am shy to talk in a big groups, so usually I end up be silent in big group language practice room.
who wants to help me to practice spanish (I am A1), modern standard arabic (I am A1), or esperanto (I am A2). In return, I can help you with indonesian language (I am native). if anyone else wants to join, we can make small group 3-5 people.
if anyone else wants to make appointment for 1 to 1 or small group for other language practice here, you are welcome

8 Likes

Hi Dhinny, I know exactly what you mean, as I also tend to listen more than I speak in larger groups, especially when I don’t know the language too well. Unfortunately, I’m not much better/further advanced than you are in the languages you learn. My spoken Spanish and Arabic are both about an A2 Level and in writing maybe B1. But if we could manage to get a small group together I’d definitely like to join :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I, also, feel a bit shy in large groups and will stay quiet and just observe. I would be interested in small group practice sessions.

I would join. I am a B1+ level who sometimes inserts Italian into my Spanish, and totally understand it is intimidating being with high level speakers.

3 Likes

lovely! so you are up for spanish and arabic for beginner. will let you know if I have arabic beginner practice group

so I think 4 of us is enough to practice spanish beginner together. what do you think @Rina @PinAngel @Bando ?
do you all think we need one native spanish to help us or 4 of us is enough?

I would be up for practicing español con ustedes. I would love to set up a time. I live in Oregon so I’m on the same time zone as LA. What time would you all like?

If there is one available, great. Otherwise, it’s not necessary for me.

I am not available Wednesday evening/night (24 hours from now), but Thursday or Friday night is okay for me.

great! @Bando and @Rina, where are you? what is your time zone? we can try to set up the time, try to adjust the time with LA and indonesia :grin:

1 Like

I could help you. I’m a native Spanish speaker

4 Likes

I guess many of us were actually thinking the same thing, Dhinny!
Some people speak too fast, and it’s just too hard to jump in the conversation. I get intimidated easily, and often I’m just there on the screen not being able to speak up as much as I’d like to.

Are there any English speakers here? I’m not a beginner, but I’m still a non-native speaker and want to keep working on my speaking skills.
I can help you with Japanese.

2 Likes

I’m in Vienna, UTC +1. I’m pretty flexible during the week (except Monday evening and Tuesdays), but weekends won’t work for me.

oh, thank you. I appreciate it :smile: may I know your time zone and preference time?

Sachi, I am not native, my grammar is not perfect (absolutely), but I am here if you want to practice english :hugs:
but I hope someone with better english can help, since my english only enough to be understood :laughing:

1 Like

I tried my best to accommodate all of your preference, so I propose this time:
Thursday (29/10) 07.00-08.00 vienna (utc+1)
Thursday (29/10) 13.00-14.00 jakarta (utc+7)
Wednesday (28/10) 23.00-00.00 oregon (utc-7)

*3 of those times refer to the same time.

Please let me know @Rina @PinAngel @Bando @Drfeelgood what do you think about it, we still can reschedule if that time doesn’t fit you. or let me know if I miscount it from my time (my time is utc+7).

1 Like

Thanks, let’s practice together! I’ll let you know when.

2 Likes

Hey @Dhinny!

You are welcome to join us this Thursday at 10 am EST for Arabic language practice.

I just sent you an invitation to join our meetup thread :slightly_smiling_face:

Zeina

I can make that work. It’s a little late for my usual schedule, but I’d love to take some practice time. Just let me know where to find the meet up.

Hi Dhinny, this should be fine :slight_smile: will we use one of the Zoom rooms in Earth Exchange?

sure Sachi, would like to hear from you!