Weekly French practice

Salut tout le monde! Hi everyone!

We are planning weekly French practice sessions starting this week! So far we have settled on 15.00-16.00 London time on Sunday for people in EU/Asian time zones.
As for North and South America (and other countries in similar time zone) we were thinking of 19.00-20.00 London time on Sunday/Saturday. Let me know if this one works for you in similar time zones!
@BrianLoo1 @Lucas @marcus @Sachi @Zekester76 @gloria_latimer @Carlos1 @Alberto @Xiang
Anyone else interested that I haven’t tagged here are of course welcome to come, or to tell which time/day works better for you. I’ll try making this a comfortable session for beginners/intermediate learners as well, as the goal is for everyone to be able to confidently practice French regardless of their level.

A très bientôt

PS: Let’s all use London time as reference since the planning is in this time zone, otherwise it’s gonna get messy with the various time zones we have here XD

13 Likes

@ecluna77 @AlisonKarfeld @Liza_M

I am fine with both times :smiley:

2 Likes

Both times work for me as well.

2 Likes

I can join in on Sunday after my Japanese, Korean and Thai language exchange :slight_smile: I’m a beginner so most of the time I’ll listen instead.

1 Like

Salut Ă  tous, for now we are set to have the weekly practice every Sunday, 15.00-16.00 GMT at the Venus room!

Feel free to suggest another session here for other timezones if the set time doesn’t work for you (quoting @Jade above). À bientôt!

4 Likes

Both times work for me as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thanks for tagging me! I can join in for the evening session
and both proposed start times work great.

3 Likes

Ok super, thanks everyone!

Then starting this week we will have our french practice twice a week :

• On Saturdays at 19.00-20.00 London time
  • On Sundays at 15.00-16.00 London time in the Venus room.

Bonne semaine Ă  tous!

6 Likes

Ah merciiiiiii pour l’organisation! J’ai hâte de vous rencontrer!

1 Like

Merci Jade! @Candace or @MultilingualBronxite could you add the Saturday 7-8 pm session to the spreadsheet, as the Sunday one is already in there. Thank you! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I did it. Just got it done a few minutes ago

3 Likes

I would love to join as much as I am able to. Weekends are always busy but I will try :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for creating this! I would definitely love to join and can’t wait to “see” you all again!

3 Likes

I live in LIma (Toronto TimeI. Form me, both hours are ok. I have studied French 30 years ago!! It ´s time to improve my French.

3 Likes

Hi, I am okay with both times as well.

1 Like

I’m just now seeing this! Yes, I am interested! This would be 7PM NYC/DC time??? Merci. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Salut Alison! I think for saturday’s practice it would be 2PM (NYC/DC Time) and sunday’s would be 10AM (NYC/DC Time )
Hoping I didn’t messed up while counting :rofl:

1 Like

Unfortunately the Saturday session falls when I am working, and the Sunday session falls when I am still sleeping. I work a graveyard shift and I am never awake at 9am :joy:

Hi @Jade,

I will also take part in the French conversation on Saturday evenings, as far as I am not involved in an online chess tournament.

1 Like