Uses For Venus Room After The Closure of Earth Exchange

@MultilingualBronxite

@Astari2 and @Jolien: We would like to reserve the Venus Room for 1 hour Tuesday UTC 13:00 - 14:00 / CET !4:00 - 15:00 h Danish practise for beginner and intermediate

1 Like

Hi Jolien, I messaged Miguel earlier and now itā€™s up on the schedule already for Tuesday :slight_smile:

1 Like

Det lyder fint, @Astari2! Mange tak!

Hey Miguelā€¦ is there a place where we can view the room bookings to check if time slots are available?

Cate

Here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will this link show a continuously updated version of the spreadsheet or will it show the version as of November 5?

Good question!

Yeah, Iā€™m updating this as I get new submissions, so I will always try to have the most recent schedule in the thread.

3 Likes

Hi Miguel,

Iā€™m happy to help in any way. Iā€™m now in lockdown until Dec 2nd, so have more free time now.

I look forward to seeing the spreadsheet start to fill out. Iā€™ve already flagged up Zeinaā€™s Arabic chat times.

Andy

2 Likes

Hi Miguel

Can I book the Venus room for 20:00 GMT Sunday nights please for Dutch conversation?

thanks
Cate

5 Likes

I got you, Cate! Added :slight_smile:

@MultilingualBronxite - the display for available slots will need to be updated. I donā€™t have access to your post for thatā€¦ Is there a way to pin a view-only version somewhere that doesnā€™t require reposting a new image each time?

4 Likes

Hello @MultilingualBronxite and @Candace.

Can I book 13:00 -15:00 UK time on Saturdays for Mandarin Chinese language exchange? Thank you! :grinning:

4 Likes

Done, Jinyoung! :blush:

3 Likes

I wish I could find some way for the image to update automatically, but nothing exists for that yet. Iā€™ll just post the link for the spreadsheet as well. Haha

3 Likes

Iā€™ll also find a time for one-off activities that Iā€™m planning myself :smiley:

• a old presentation from last yearā€™s Polyglot Gathering that I gave on Regional Mexican music

• a Kahoot quiz of this yearā€™s Conference and stuff related to it

• as promised to Zeina, a Polyglot bachelor party :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: Participants can share pre-wedding rituals and traditions so that we all learn about how this ceremony is done in many countries

Iā€™ll post dates for these pretty soon.

9 Likes

Hi Miguel @MultilingualBronxite ! So sorry to bother you again, could you help us edit our Korean and Japanese language exchange timings?

(UK time)
Saturday :
11am - 12pm : Korean/12pm - 1pm : Japanese
Sunday
11am - 12 pm: Japanese/12pm - 1pm: Korean

Thank you so much!
@Takashi

3 Likes

I am so excited about the virtual party! Let me know when you and your fiancƩe are available for it (I know you said she might want to be part of this too) - what exact date and time - and I will help plan it accordingly. :smiley:

Could anyone please let me know what level of Spanish will be offered on Monday and Wednesday?

Also, will there be a native speaker?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi @Zeina-AR-DE-FR-EN! Regardless of level and proficiency, anyone who is interested in practicing Spanish are welcome to join on both days! Iā€™m a new beginner in Spanish myself so I hope to be able to meet more Spanish speakers here! Iā€™m not sure if there will be a native speaker but I hope Spanish native speakers can come join us :slight_smile: Even without native speakers, we still can practice and exchange Spanish studying tips!

8 Likes

There are Spanish sessions? I will have a look at them and try to join you :slight_smile: Iā€™m a beginner myself more or less (A2 maybe?), especially in speaking, but I understand a lot of written Spanish thanks to my French :slight_smile:

1 Like