Songs with multilingual lyrics

Spanish and Dutch:

1 Like

Italiano y Español

2 Likes

Italian and English

3 Likes

Gosh, I love Emma Heesters! What a talent, right? Have you heard her new English adaptations from Indonesian? Check out her Pura Pura Lupa English version. :wink:

1 Like

Hi everyone! I’m really new here, just wanted to say I loved this discussion!

2 Likes

The songs below are covers but both in Dutch and Arabic.

1 Like

This is an incredible language combination. Never knew these songs existed. Thank you so much for sharing!

1 Like

Welcome to the world of polyglot music Julieta! Glad that everyone was so kind to contribute with their own fantastic music choices. I surely have now a larger multilingual playlist :sweat_smile:

I am a big fan of Zucchero. Thanks for posting this song.

Song in Québec French and Wolof

Today all of you just make my life happier, I’ll share some of the multilingual tunes that I love most.

LĂĄbios divididos, ManĂĄ ft. Thiaguinho (Spanish & Portuguese)

Believe, Ozomatli (Spanish & English)

Baile del Kkoyaruna, Pascuala Ilabaca (Spanish & Quechua)

Represent, Orishas (Spanish & French)

Change, E.SO (English & Mandarin)

Mungu Halali, Blinky Bill (Swahili & English)

Vida Ă© Doce, Mi Casa (Portuguese & English)

Lifesaver, Guru ft. Baybe(English & French)

Je réalise, Sinik ft James Blunt (French & English)

Últmo Ska, Panteón Rococó ft. DUB Inc. (spanish, French & Arabic)

Sunshine, Muzi (English & Zulu)

Hatwok Mahn, Sprigga Mek (Tok Pisin, English & Mekeo)

Vavine, Jaro Local (English, Tok Pisin, Tok Pijin & Kepara)

2 Likes

Excellent choices! Beautiful tunes!

Thank you Zeina :slight_smile:

For those others who have read my post, Mi Casa’s song I wanted to share is not Vida Ă© doce but “Bora Viver” instead
 desculpas / sorry.

Hey, I haven’t been able to recognize the third “Bantu?” language even if I hear this tune since a long ago, Any speaker of that language here? Greetings, *your language sounds so good in this song.

1 Like

I was hoping someone would include the Namika song. It’s one of my favorite songs to listen to in any language as of late.

1 Like

Hope many music lovers here will come sing songs with us at the Daily Karaoke sessions!
bit.ly/LF-Activities

No need to sign up for the first 6 sessions in small groups (Oct 17-22) and sign up here for singing in the auditorium (Oct 23-24): bit.ly/LF-Karaoke

1 Like

New album just dropped. Congolese Belgian French.

1 Like

Here’s a fun one from my Zumba class, it’s in Spanish and Japanese:

2 Likes

Wow - That’s pretty cool!!

First time I hear this one. It’s awesome!

1 Like

Hi all, this was just streamed last night, direct from the Kraton Ngayogyakarta Hadiningrat palace in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. This is their periodic palatial performance (known as uyon-uyon), which always features a few instrumental pieces and a major dance piece, this time the Bedhaya Sapta (the Bedhaya court dance with seven dancers). Luckily for anyone who watches this time, the traditional Javanese lyrics (gerongan and sindhenan) have been translated into both English and Indonesian!

2 Likes