Songs with multilingual lyrics

I love those songs!! I am gonna add them to my playlist! Thank you so much for posting these!

1 Like

English + Crimean Tatar (Qirimtatar Tili, very close to Turkish)

6 Likes

This collaboration of an Egyptian and Puerto Rican artist doing an Arabic-Spanish Reggaeton song was not so known in the U.S., but I heard it was huge in other places.

Hakim and Don Omar - Tigi Tigi

4 Likes

@MultilingualBronxite
Cool that you know Hakim! Amazing! Hakim is an Arabic legend and very well known in the MENA region. Here check out one of his very famous Arabic songs. This is what gets people up to dance at Arabic gatherings LOL

I love the tabla the most in this song :slight_smile:

1 Like

I actually got to know Hakim through Don Omar. LOL. But thank you for the song too, this is fun, and more people should dance to it as well. Haha :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I absolutely agree :joy:

1 Like

This one is still stuck in my head after at least a week lol.

Albanian and Algerian-accented French!

2 Likes

So cool! I love Algerians’ French accent. Thank you for sharing! :slight_smile:

I can’t really think of any multilingual songs off the top of my head other than Me gustas tú by Manu Chao.

I like the German versions The Beatles recorded of She loves you and I wanna hold your hand (sie liebt dich, komm gib mir deine Hand) and David Bowie’s Helden, the German version of Heroes.

I also recently found a Spanish cover of The Clash’s Should I stay or should I go but I forget the name of the artist :thinking:

2 Likes

DJ Radik, Айрат Сафин - Салляллаху алейхи вэ сэллэм

Lyrics are in Arabic - Russian - Tatar - Ingush (?) - English
I’m not sure about the fourth part though.

2 Likes

My personal favourite:

Brazilian Portuguese, Québec French and English

6 Likes

Hi. Thx for sharing your playlist. Wonderful thread. The following link is not quite what you meant but
very multilingual. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Wow I love this! Thank you for sharing!

When I clicked on the link, I expected some Arabic lyrics because the singer’s name sounds Arabic :joy:

But the song is cool regardless!

1 Like

Nice - is this a prayer? The Arabic singer was singing about Islamic religion and its prophet. Right?

Dutch, English and German:

Meindert Talma - Rummenigge

The lyrics are in the description.
Disclaimer: watch and listen at your own peril. :slight_smile:

1 Like

“Aaaand the winner in the nomination Multiple languages in one song is… (drum roll) … Adriano Celentano!” :sunglasses::cowboy_hat_face::ireland::ru::clipperton_island::uk::de::musical_score::notes::studio_microphone:

2 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

I was wondering if such song existed! :laughing:

Great choice here! Thank you for sharing!

Wolof (Senegal) + English and French. This song and also Tajabone will make me want to learn this language some day…

4 Likes