Polyglot Game Night / Day

What do you do for work Rina?

I think I’ll do the same thing as you regarding the schedule

Yes it would be great to see you again :slight_smile:

1 Like

I work as ground staff for an airline. Comes with some funny working hours, but it does have it’s benefits (like days or morings off during the week :wink: ).

I love the idea of a game night. The best times for me tend to be in the early evening on weekends, Sunday nights, and afternoons and evenings on weekdays.

One game I’d like to suggest that I think really fits the bill language-wise is Geoguessr.

2 Likes

Was there any outcome from this survey? Are any Polyglot Games going ahead and, if so, when?

Shukran

3 Likes

@marcus let us know if you need help planning/organizing :slight_smile:

1 Like

As promised, I redid my schedule on the When2Meet, and it looks like 7 PM UTC on Saturday night is the most popular time for many people. What does everyone think? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It will be 4am in Korea so I don’t think I will be able to meet :joy:

2 Likes

Thank you for the tag @marcus

I won’t be able to make it as well because it is also very late here in Thailand.
Are there, perhaps, any more Asian-friendly times that we could do this? @MultilingualBronxite

1 Like

I remember karaoke having 2 sessions to accommodate different time zones. We could also do that for game night, if we have people willing to host, seeing as 7pm UTC is too late/early for people in Asia.

2 Likes

Hi everyone!

My apologies for dropping the ball on this.

Looking at the when2meet which is based on UTC, there are two slots with most of us available (15 out of 19):

1. Sat 16:00-17:00 UTC
  2. Sun 16:00-17:00 UTC

And before the above two sets of timing,

1. for the Saturday slot, at least 11 are available at 13:00-16:00 UTC
  2. for the Sunday slot, 14 are available at 13:00-16:00 UTC

How about let’s go with these (we can have different hosts for each timeslot):

1. Saturday and/or Sunday 13:00-14:00 UTC
    and
  2. Saturday and/or Sunday 16:00-17:00 UTC

Who’d like to be a host and shall we start this weekend? If this weekend is too short notice, we can start next weekend!

Thanks everyone for your interest and patience!

6 Likes

I am good with the above mentioned times. Next week sounds like a good idea

1 Like

I would most likely do Saturday at 1600 or Sunday at 1300, I could try to join in the other ones. Let’s try next week. :smiley:
It’s coming together. Any ideas on the first game we should try? LOL

1 Like

I think I could make some of those times, though probably not every week (my schedule is quite unpredictable)

Would the host just be organising and coordinating everything?

1 Like

Please share details of exactly when/where :slight_smile: Looking forward!

1 Like

Hey guys I might not be able to attend because I have other sessions going on but I will try to be there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi guys!

For this weekend, let’s do 16:00 UTC on Saturday, 27th Nov and 13:00 UTC on Sunday, 28th Nov!

We can play games like

As for the location we’ll use, @MultilingualBronxite could you help us check which is best? It seems that there’s Arabic MSA at 16:00 UTC on Saturdays and Thai at 13:00 UTC on Sundays in the Venus room, so it’s likely we’ll have to use a different room

Also, while I’ll be available to host+play for today’s session, I don’t think I’ll be able to for tomorrow’s (13:00 UTC, 28th Nov) - whoever’s up for hosting the session, do give a shout here =)

1 Like

I’m in Venus now and it seems like there’s no Arabic MSA session going on.

Feel free to join me, I’ll be here for the hour =)

Sorry, I just saw your message, and it looks like everyone is already gone. :cry: I was too late!

I’m not sure if anyone was actually there today in the end, but maybe tomorrow at 13:00 UTC?