Polyglot Game Night / Day

Hi guys!

So one of the ideas we started to discuss after the huge popularity of Scattegories was a Polyglot Game Night. We would all be playing a game that makes us use our languages, like Boggle also did. Who would be willing to participate, so that we could all schedule times that are beneficial for everyone. Feel free to suggest other games that can make us all use our heads. Haha

12 Likes

Oh, I’d like to play a game with you all (instead of just hosting quizzes haha) if the time works!

And I have some other ideas (but Scattegories is soooo much fun as well):

I found a whole list of Zoom games here too. A murder mystery would be fun but would require a l o t of planning, I think. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Going off of Werewolf, have you heard of Avalon? It’s very similar, but the good and bad guys have different functionalities so it makes the game a bit more interesting, in that the players have a more power in the outcome of the game, rather than relying on intuition. It is more complicated, but it’s a possibility. :smiley:

4 Likes

I hadn’t, but I just looked it up and that looks fun! Think I’ll have to read the rules a couple of times through but it seems pretty doable through Zoom as well. :grin:

2 Likes

There was one online Pictionary-like game that I and some people in the conference played last year, on this site: https://skribbl.io/, worked pretty great.

I’m excited for Charades, and guessing the languages of songs would be a super fun game too!

8 Likes

Yeah, I’d definitely be up for playing polyglot games, I really enjoyed them at the Conference.

The ideas for other games sound good (what happened to Boggle?) although will we still be able to practise languages, preferably multiple ones, while playing them?

5 Likes

This sounds like a great idea! I wouldn’t mind joining in if the time works. I’m generally fine with Asian and European time zones

3 Likes

Let’s add the times of the week we’re available to this when2meet! Hope this helps us see which timeslots work best for whoever’s interested.

Please note that the time it follows is UTC (Universal Time Coordinated), so if for example you’re in UTC+8 and you’re available at 8pm to 9pm, then you’ll need to highlight 12nn-1pm in the schedule to correctly represent when you’ll likely be able to make it.

5 Likes

Thanks @Astari2, @Jinyoung, @MultilingualBronxite, and @charlottee for filling in the when2meet!

@Baguette, @DJWaaleyBabu, @Junior, and @StevenT, add in when you’re free too :smile:

Keep in mind:

1. that the when2meet follows UTC, so add or subtract the time/hours according to where you are
  2. to fill it in as much as you can—include slots you’re maybe even just available half the time (it’s better than missing you out entirely)
4 Likes

Tagging more friends who might not have seen this thread! @AlexanderThe @Aniko @Brennon @CHALO @Dela @liaands @LindaDE @MarkOng @RonP @Zeina-AR-DE-FR-EN

Feel free to tag anyone else who might wanna play :raised_hands:

5 Likes

I’ve filled it out! :smile:

2 Likes

Thank you Marcus! I wouldn’t have seen it if not tagged :slight_smile:

1 Like

When is this taking place? :grinning:

2 Likes

Tagging others who might be interested :slight_smile:

@PinAngel @MsPolyglot @AaronG @Jessy @CHALO @Dhinny @eliserh @irwan @Minyuan_Lu @SuzanneZaccour

1 Like

@Suzi @Amirul @Rina @Aniko @Marzanna @TomekP @Stephen @SandraKdL

2 Likes

I think we are trying to find the time that would work the best for the most people right now.

1 Like

I’m not sure as yet whether I’ll be able to make a very regular time at least in November but hopefully I could make at least some/most of them.

My schedule can be pretty unpredictable as a tutor too but I’ll fill it out as best as I can.

Thank you for marking me @Zeina-AR-DE-FR-EN :slight_smile: I’m watching this and it would be really great if I could join, but as I have quite irregular working hours I’ll just wait and see what time/day the majority will vote on and wether it’ll work with my schedule, inshallah :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok amazing! I thought it would be a wonderful opportunity to see you again - but as your work is more important, please do as you see fit :slight_smile:

Zeina

2 Likes

I may be editing my times for November as well. My wife is going back to in-person work (dreadful) and I’ll be at home with a bit more free time, but I’m also in DJ’s shoes, as a tutor as well. I will shift some
of my times around as well.

4 Likes