Polyglot Conference Global 2021 - Registration & Plans

Hello! :grinning: Apparently all of the Earth rooms are inaccessible now so where do we do our language meetings for the moment?

1 Like

Hi there! I’m having the same problem and I remember that there was supposed to be a Korean practice ongoing but I can’t seem to find it…

Korean practice is up in Earth Exchange 1.

Is it too late to join in the uTalk quiz now? I can’t enter Fun in the Sun as it says ‘host has another meeting in progress’

I think there’s another tech difficulty because the Earth room suddenly ended whilst we were talking.

Looks like all the rooms cannot be accessed right now :joy:

1 Like

We had some major Zoom issues earlier today. I was on the phone to Zoom for a LONG time but I think we have now got everything back to normal again. We have even figured out what was going on with the Programme, so you can see what’s happening, when and where! Hope you enjoy it! Let us know if there is anything else we can fix and thank you for your patience. We’ll continue to do our best to make your experience as enjoyable as possible.

9 Likes

Thank you for all the hard work!!

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

The quiz was great and I really appreciate all the hard work all of the organisers have put in to make this possible at all, hopefully it hasn’t been too stressful.

I have a Zoom subscription (and a Zoom link that can be used without a password) on the off-chance it’s ever useful.
Of course if there’s any other way to help, just let me know!

3 Likes

None of the sessions with ITalki teachers are recorded, right?

I was keen to attend the Swahili one in just over an hour but I won’t be able to now.

Thanks!

Some teachers are giving multiple sessions, so at least one of them will be recorded. The Programme indicated which session(s) will be recorded.

2 Likes

Hello all! Not sure if it’s only me that has the problem but on the programme list, all the entries from 18 Oct 2021 9pm onwards have mismatched titles, descriptions and venues. Can anyone confirm this? Thank you :grinning:
@MultilingualBronxite

4 Likes

Hi I also have the same problem, I was looking for the Korean chat but the title has now changed to a talk. I was a bit confused :laughing:

3 Likes

Confusing, confusing! :crazy_face:

Here, the description would be the accurate event happening at the time, not the title. Hopefully, this will get fixed.

3 Likes

Richard announced that he’s working on the Programme. In a few hours, it should be fixed.

5 Likes

I’ve also noticed that 12am events are listed as being 12pm so in case anyone is confused, do note that events that are listed as 12pm, but are listed just before the 1am events, are all 12am events.

1 Like

It seems to be correct. At least for me. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks Miguel, does that mean at least one session will be recorded for each ITalki language?

I’m asking as there are quite a few ITalki language sessions for different languages I wanted to attend but haven’t been able to (the latest one is Vietnamese, I just can’t stay awake at 7 am U.K. time!)

Yeah, the little note at the bottom telling us that the session will be recorded appears.

Cool thanks, I’ll probably have plenty of stuff to watch after the Conference too then.

1 Like