Nahuatl 2021

I’m taking a more optimistic approach to 2021 and would like to plan for a great time in Cholula. To me, that includes trying to learn Nahuatl to a conversational level. But I’m not interested in upsetting my current plans by diving in 100% right now. And I don’t want to lose momentum over the next year.

I’m looking to learn Nahuatl a bit more casually over the course of the next year. I think it would be even better if there were a group of us doing this. A community of polyglots learning an indigenous language together.

I don’t have any plans aside from that. I will probably take my time with short burts here and there iver the course of the whole year, but I hope to have the community as a through line to keep us all going.

Anyone interested in doing this? We can use this forum and the chat rooms as we go.

6 Likes

Haha,

Hey

I would say that YES, you can learn Nahuatl in my city or, through a combination of several tools and methods xP.
There are at least 3 schools I know that offer courses and many young people as me who have tried to revive the language in different ways and each one of us with her/his own acheivements.

A few minutes ago I read that @MultilingualBronxite said Tomorrow at 11:00 in GMT-6 / UTC-6 timezone Zaloa Languages, one of these schools hosts a group for having a talk/presentation about Nahuatl.

I met that school’s teachers a few ago and for me it was good to see both Mexicans and foreigners going together for Nonantzin i-kuakualtzitlajtol “My grandmother’s beautiful language”.

I’ll try to go back to courses and back to the streets after work and my extended quarantine, in the meantime I am also trying to create my own Nauatlato community or just finding people that helps me in improving my knowledge in Nahuatl.

Kuali youaltxintli Alex, toteotajtzin nej nik itlani tej titech makas kualyotl ouijki nochtlaka yejuan nekin tlazalo nauatlajtolli, Saludos.

3 Likes