Hello from Germany

Hello there,

I’ve just realized I haven’t introduced myself yet.
I’m Ramona and I’ve been learning languages since childhood. I’m a native German and am fluent in English and Turkish. I also speak French and Spanish well, currently studying them in university (going from B2 to C1 this year).
I used to be fluent in Russian some years ago when I was still in school but I must admit, I forgot almost all of it. When it comes to understanding written things, I still kinda understand but when it comes to speaking or writing … Let’s not speak about that :laughing:

I am a beginner in Thai and Swahili as well. For 2022, I plan to finish my university studies with FR and SP, re-learn Russian with an app and focus on Thai. I want to go from “have to think over an hour how to write a few words in Thai script” to "I can comfortably read/write/speak/understand daily topics.

I’d love to find some language partners to practise above-mentioned languages and I’d be happy to help you with German. Don’t be afraid of making mistakes, I make them all the time but am still happy to be able to communicate in other people’s native languages :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi Ramona @RRR :grinning: Nice to meet you! I speak Thai quite fluently and I’m more than happy to practise Thai with you. Feel free to attend our regular weekly Thai language exchanges!

2 Likes

I’d love to, thank you @Jinyoung
Do they still take place after the conference is over or will the whole website get closed?

3 Likes

They will still take place after the conference is over! We’ve been having these regular weekly Thai language exchanges for over year since last year’s conference.

4 Likes

Lovely to hear! I’ll definitely start attending as soon as I know a bit more than right now (won’t be of too much use to just say “hi, how are you? I’m from Germany” :smiley: )
Could you let me know when the exchange usually takes place and in which room?

1 Like

You can refer here for all the details

4 Likes

Thanks a million! :clap: