Language Exchanges/Chats (Thai, Malay/Indonesian, Korean, Mandarin Chinese, Cantonese)

Hello everyone :grinning: 안녕하세요! 大家好!สวัสดีครับทุกคน :pray:t2: Hai!
I’ll be hosting some language exchanges/chats in Thai, Malay/Indonesian, Korean, Mandarin Chinese and Cantonese.

I’ll put the dates, time and venues below :grinning:

Please feel free to join them (and the weekly regular language exchanges as well) if you’re interested in practicing these languages

:thailand: Thai ภาษาไทย
19 October 2021 (Tuesday) : 3pm (London time)/11pm (KST/JST) [Earth Exchange 1]

Weekly Regular Thai Meetings with me & @Waan :
Fridays 7pm (London time)/ 3am (KST/JST) +1
Sundays 1pm (London time)/9pm (KST/JST)
Venue: Earth Exchange 2

:malaysia: Malay/ :indonesia: Indonesian
19 October 2021 (Tuesday): 12 noon (London time)/8pm (KST/JST) [Earth Exchange 1]

Weekly Regular Malay/Indonesian Meetings with me:
Saturdays 4am (London time)/12 noon (KST/JST)
Venue: Earth Exchange 2

:kr: Korean
20 October 2021 (Wednesday): 1pm (London time)/9pm (KST/JST) [Earth Exchange 1]

:cn: :taiwan: Mandarin Chinese
23 October 2021 (Saturday): 10am (London time)/6pm (KST/JST) [Earth Exchange 3]

:hong_kong: Cantonese
19 October 2021 (Tuesday) : 7pm (London time)/3am (KST/JST) +1 [Earth Exchange 1]
21 October 2021 (Thursday): 7pm (London time)/3am (KST/JST) +1 [Earth Exchange 2]

Hope to see you guys there :blush:

8 Likes

Hi, will try to make it to the Malay meetup :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hai Amirul! Jumpa esok kalau awak akan datang :smiley:

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

Feel free to join the Malay/Indonesian, Thai and Cantonese language exchanges today!

Malay/Indonesian: 12 noon (London time)/8pm (KST/JST)
Thai: 3pm (London time)/11pm (KST/JST)
Cantonese: 7pm (London time)/3am (KST/JST) +1

They will all be in Earth Exchange 1.

See you all soon :grinning:

4 Likes

hi Jinyoung, is there a Malay session on Saturday 4am (London time)? I’m in Montreal and the programme shows local hours which is Friday 11pm for me, suits me much better than 7am. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi Lim,
We have regular weekly Malay sessions on Saturdays 4am London time :grinning:

4 Likes

I had fun speaking some Malay & Indonesian today! Thanks for the chat @AlexanderThe @Khai :grinning:

3 Likes

My internet had some problems during the Cantonese chat but I enjoyed the short moment that I was there :joy: Hopefully the next one, I can stay for longer. Thanks for the chat guys!

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

Feel free to join the Korean language exchange today at 1pm BST/9pm KST in the Earth Exchange 1 room.
(NOTE: There is a mistake with the time in the programme, it’s supposed to be 1pm BST/9pm KST, not 2pm BST/10pm KST as stated in the programme)

3 Likes

Hello! The Korean session has shifted to Earth exchange 3. :grinning:

2 Likes

Hello all! There is Cantonese language exchange/chat today at 7pm (London time) /3am (KST/JST) +1 in the Earth Exchange 2 room. Feel free to join in!

The venue has been changed to Earth Exchange 2!

3 Likes

Hello everyone! There is Chinese language exchange/chat today (23 October, Saturday) at 10am (London time)/6pm (KST/JST) in Earth Exchange 3. Feel free to join!

See you all soon :grin:

3 Likes

Was there Malay in Earth Exchange 2 on Friday? I dropped by and only found Brian in there.

I had to run some errands today so I wasn’t there this afternoon. Not sure who was there though

3 Likes

Hi @Jinyoung, just wondering if the Malay sessions on Saturday 12pm (Singapore time) still goes on, or there were no takers?

Hello Amirul! I haven’t been able to attend the sessions recently because of work commitments but I think there were a few people the last time I attended

1 Like

No problem, will take note of the meetup in my calendar. Though the timing is quite tricky as it’s during daytime on a weekend where I usually would venture somewhere. Thanks!

1 Like