Arabic room - let's chat

1 Like

We already did that for German and Arabic. :blush:

1 Like

Hi @Zeina-AR-DE-FR-EN, so sorry for not getting back to you. I’ve been much busier than expected recently. I will let you know if I can make a future meeting.

Hope you’re well!

2 Likes

Thank you @Blanche for getting back to me. Hope to see/talk to you soon. And - Yes I am well!

Take care!

2 Likes

Spot on. In fact, to be considered as a poetry (شِعْر), any Arabic sentence has to fit into one of 16 poetry metres or rhythmic patterns (بحور الشعر, lit. “seas of poetry”).

5 Likes

Yes, agreed on the patterns!

I did not want to go into the poetic details because I think it will complicate things for non-natives (although these, to me, are simply fascinating and I would love to be able to share that with others).

But if you have any resources that we can use to look into the 16 poetry patterns, I believe it would be insanely interesting to discuss in our next session. I will try to find some resources myself later today.

Thank you @Amirul for your input!

3 Likes

@Astari2

Hi lady!

I wanted to clarify an expression I pointed out today in our chat earlier. So, in Arabic, we have a kind way of answering to compliments.

So, for example, let’s say I told you “you look beautiful”

• you respond by “your eyes are beautiful / عيونك حلوين” - it’s just a way to say thank you :slight_smile:

There is more - but let’s discuss that tomorrow!

Take care!!

2 Likes

Hi Zeina, thanks for being so cool and taking the time to post this! Also, it was indeed a gorgeous one. Looking forward to tomorow!

You are very welcome :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hi everyone!

I want to primarily thank those who showed up for our session today - sessions will be held in the Venus room from on btw :slight_smile:

I also would like to add that moving forward we will be using a shared Google doc, to include all our study materials in one place. That way everyone can have equal access to our discussions, at any time.

I wanted to offer those, who are not able to attend in the AM EST, the opportunity to practice Arabic at a later time. Would Mondays at 3pm EST work? Please, let me know.

@Dhinny @Louisiane @Alma @Domi @ArabicFan123 @Alberto @Danielle @Samira @Blanche @Motz @Louisiane

3 Likes

@NewbiePiano @Rina @RonP @Alanood @Marzanna @Johanna @Mo_1 @Carlos1 @Carlo @Astari2

2 Likes

Hi Zeina! Thank you for doing this. I’ll pop by as and when I can, kids and school pick-ups depending. I hope that’s okay! Thanks for putting all the resources in one place, very helpful. :+1:

1 Like

Thank you Zeina for all your effort :heartpulse: Looks like you had interesting sessions, I can’t promise if I can join the following session but I hope I will do soon.

P.S: Can you please check your email.

1 Like

No problem @RonP! :blush:

1 Like

Sure thing @Alanood ! Would love to see you again :blush:

Hi Zeina, this is too late for me, so I’ll just stick with the AM sessions on Thursday mostly :slight_smile:

The Google document is a great idea! Is there a link anywhere, where we can access this?

Thank you so much again for doing this! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Rina I had you in mind when I wrote this today. I know you would prefer the AM sessions :blush:

And in regards to the link, I will get some materials ready and then share it here for everyone.

Zeina

1 Like

@CHALO I am adding you to this thread to stay updated on our discussions :blush:

Thank you for your help today!

Zeina

1 Like

thank you to you hope to rehearse something before next week

1 Like

You are welcome! Let me know if you have questions :slight_smile: