Arabic Practice Sessions - Dialect and MSA

Hi Guys!

I hope you are enjoying the conference this far.

I will be hosting few Arabic practice sessions throughout our conference and after it ends. For anyone interested, check out the program in the live environment.

Tomorrow will be our first Arabic meetup:

17 Oct 2021 at 10:00 am EST
Conversational Arabic for all levels
Place: EARTH EXCHANGE 4

I hope to see many of you there :slight_smile:

@Amirul @Andrzej07 @Aniko @CHALO @Astari2 @Dhinny @irwan @Rina

5 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. Will try to attend most if not all of the sessions

1 Like

I have an Arabic lesson at that exact time. I look forward to joining you for the next one.

1 Like

Hello all,

I won’t be able to make it to the Arabic session scheduled for today, Saturday, in few hours. Hoping to see you next time!

Enjoy practicing Arabic!

Note: wondering if @Amirul can help today. :blush:

Hi everyone. Arabic session will be up as usual. I will try to assist you in improving your Arabic.

Thanks @Zeina-AR-DE-FR-EN for the heads up

1 Like

Hello all!

Just letting you know I have a set email list for all who are interested in learning Arabic after the conference. If you want to resume Arabic practice with us, please send me your email via private messaging here on the forum (if you haven’t already) and I will add you to it for our weekly meetups.

Thank you to all who came today! It was lovely seeing the familiar faces and meeting new ones! :slight_smile:

Zeina

2 Likes

Marhaba Zeina,

I’d love to brush up my basic MSA Arabic conversation. A0 to A1. I can read with all the diacritic signs.

In whats sort of setting would you be helping new enthousiast learners?

I’m enthusiastic already and I am eager to find out more.

Anne-Marie

1 Like

Hi Zeina,
I’m wondering if we might find a group of people who would love to learn Arabic from 0. I’m really interested in mastering some basics. But it might be boring to advanced speakers.
Tomek

3 Likes

@Anne-Marie and @TomekP

Thank you for reaching out! Yes - I have been thinking about organizing two rooms for our weekly meetups on Saturday. One could be for beginners, where I can help with learning from scratch, such as alphabet, vowels, basic root - pattern info, and basic sentence structures, and another room for advanced speakers, who can talk their hearts out and maybe even have another advanced person as guide. We’ll see. I am open for ideas. We can for sure talk about that suggestion and many others next week.

@Anne-Marie if you like me to add you to our email list, send me your email via messages, and I will add you. :slight_smile:

Zeina

Hi Zeina,

That would be great.

Tomek

Do people practice any dialects on the regular sessions or is it all MSA?

Hi Zeina - I’m in the same boat as Tomek and would love to learn some Arabic (I did some basics years ago but never followed up on it).

Actually, I’m not quite sure what to do.
I can read already and know the theory about the basic roots.
On the other hand, I can’t speak well enough to participate in a conversation. I suppose, I’d have to study further myself to be able to start and conduct a basic A1 conversation.

What would you suggest?

Anne-Marie

Hi Johanna,

Mainly MSA. I mention dialect variations sometimes.

1 Like

You are welcome to join. As mentioned before, if you would like me to include you in our email list, please send me your email via DM.

1 Like

This is entirely up to you. I think ultimately exposure to a a language is very important. You are welcome to attend our meetings to chat or just listen :slight_smile:

1 Like

These weekly sessions helped me a lot to understand Arabic. I was surprised how much I could understand now compared to the conference last year. :upside_down_face:
:slight_smile: !شكراً يا زينة

2 Likes

Wow that’s amazing!! Glad to hear. You are a smart cookie too!! :smiley:

Marhaba everyone!!

I wanted to take a minute and thank everyone, who attended the Arabic session today. All you Arabic learners and speakers are a true inspiration, and I absolutely love love love starting every weekend with each one of you.

Please, do not forget to post or email me with any questions or suggestions you may have to make this learning experience better for everyone!

I will email updates for next Saturday and hope to see you all!

Salamat :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Zeina

1 Like

Hey Zeina,

Yesterday’s session was really great. I enjoyed it a lot. Thank you so much. It gives me an extra energy boost to learn more and more Arabic.
Tomek

2 Likes