Arabic Practice Sessions - Dialect and MSA

Amazing!! Glad to hear that, Tomek!!

Zeina

Hello lovely people!

I wanted to send you an early update for everyone to see in time. So since we agreed on breakout rooms, I would need to switch our meetups to my personal Zoom room or else I wouldnā€™t be able to set up separate rooms as a host. This means if you havenā€™t sent me your email yet, you wonā€™t be able to attend any Arabic sessions. Please do, if you havenā€™t already.

1. As discussed this week, two breakout rooms have been set for future sessions: Room 1 for beginner MSA Arabic learners of levels A1-A2. And room 2 for intermediate to advanced levels B and C.

2. Each room will run separately for 35 minutes. After 35 minutes, the rooms will be closed, for us to gather all together to chat in Arabic. That way beginners will have the chance to learn Arabic in theory for a bit and also later exercise their listening skills while the advanced speakers chat.

3. Room 1 will be hosted by me personally as I will guide beginners step by step through MSA, starting with the ABCs of MSA.

4. Room 2 will be hosted by @Amirul as he was so kind last time to offer his support to guide advanced conversational Arabic. Thank you Amirul!! You are too kind!

5. I will share the topic of focus for Room 1 in advance every week by email. That way intermediate or advanced speakers may choose to participate if they feel they need a refresher. November 6th topic will be: Arabic alphabet, moon/sun letters, and vowels.

Any questions or comments? Please, reach out! Happy to help!

Have a wonderful week ahead!

Zeina

4 Likes

Thanks @Zeina-AR-DE-FR-EN for the heads up.

Advanced room topics will be more random I guess, but as you probably know Iā€™m a big fan of semantics :slight_smile:

Quick question:

1. since we are planning to shift to your personal zoom chatroom - Iā€™m aware that most US regions will shift clocks back in the next week or so - will the meeting still take place at 10am New York all-year round?

Fantastic question! Thank you for asking!

Next week will remain the same at 10 AM Est since time changes will happen on Sunday. So we can talk about the time on Saturday I guess to see how everyoneā€™s schedule fits the new times. :blush:

2 Likes

Where are you having the Arabic meeting? I canā€™t find you

Please check your email - @Zeina-AR-DE-FR-EN sent the link earlier today

Johanna - did you send me your email? If not, please do - I will forward you the link

Hi Tomek,
Marhaben! As you can probably guess I am in on this. Im really enjoying the group arabic discusions and learning with Zeina on Saturdays. See you next time.
Thanks to Zeina, I can almost ask for a coffee --but only with Camel milkā€”
I may be able to ask how much is a plate of beans at a restaurant,
ask the price, say itā€™s a bit expensive and askā€¦ is that your final price? :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Iā€™m keen to attend these, but I donā€™t think I can make that time :sob:, which is a shame because Rosa was really advertising your classes well, Zeina

Hasanan. Shuran Amirul.

Rose HAHAHA you are too funny! Thank you for coming on Saturdays! I too am enjoying it :slight_smile:

Aw no! I hope you will be able to make it one day, DJ! I know you will be a fantastic addition to the group :slight_smile:

Hiya, is there an Arabic session going on now? As Iā€™m surprisingly free

If itā€™s possible to still attend, could you send the link to d@talwar.com? Thanks

@DJWaaleyBabu already sent you an email :slight_smile: