Where is the program/schedule?

Hi all,

The Live Environment help section says that there will be structured conversations in the iTalki Mercury University, and that the programme says when these conversations will take place. Could someone please direct me to the programme? Thanks!

Peter

2 Likes

Hi Peter - I have found the program on the main page of the site (with all the planets shown) - at the bottom right - labelled “Programme” - in pink. My problem now is that when I click on this link the programme only seems to appear for me in the format of one consecutive day after another with one activity after another reached by scrolling down the right hand side of the page. I cannot work out how to obtain the format shown in Richard’s presentation on Youtube of how the environment works and what to expect from each “planet” or button! I would like to be able to find activities over the whole week all on the same page(s), so I can maybe map out what I can attend live, etc., but cannot work out how to get this view! Let me know if this helps Peter, and also what view you get of the programme.

2 Likes

The Programme is on the Live Environment page. The Programme button is in pink, just below the Jupiter icon.

2 Likes

Any idea on how to solve this problem please? When I click on the programme link, it only seems to appear for me in the format of one consecutive day after another with one activity after another reached by scrolling down the right hand side of the page. I cannot work out how to obtain the format shown in Richard’s presentation on Youtube of how the environment works and what to expect from each “planet” or button! I would like to be able to find activities over the whole week all on the same page(s), so I can maybe map out what I can attend live, etc., but cannot work out how to get this view!

Thank you Jane and Amanda - not sure how I missed that!

Jane, I get the same view of the programme that you do. I can’t find a way to change it. It’d be easier to view the schedule using the setting you described, so I hope there’s a way to make the change.

Hi Jane,
Not sure if I understand your question correctly, but you can sort the programme by category by clicking on the words on the side. Eg, if I click on “Games”, the only games-related programs show up.

1 Like

Thank you Tetsu. I see you are right, but my problem is that I do not see the left hand index, so I cannot click on it. All I get is the consecutive list, by day and time, of the italki language sessions, taking up the full width of the page. I think it is something to do with using Filters, but when I click on the banner with “filter programme” on it, I get no response. I have not found any way to change the layout of the view I get of the programme to the one which you see (as in your screenshot,), which is the one which Richard showed us in his explanatory Youtube video of how the site operates. I am not the only one with this particular problem, I know! What I see is usable, but definitely not ideal, so any ideas would be tried out immediately on receipt!

Hi Peter! You will see that I have had a couple of helpful suggestions re this programme view problem, but I am guessing that your problem is similar to mine in that the left hand index is not showing, so we cannot make changes! I am still hoping someone will come up with a solution!

Hi Jane! I’m able to filter as suggested but it still doesn’t change the layout. I’m afraid this might not be the solution you’re looking for.

Same problem as everyone else here. I regsitered for Discourse ane I also paid and registered through EventBrite. No email with a link or way to create a profile.

When I got to the login page, it tells me my info is wrong but won’t send me a password.

I have also registered and am unable to login to see the conference talks.

Does anyone know when Steve Kaufmann is going to have his presentation? Thx in advance.

The problem is, the time and date is not visible for me, its visible for you…

I have the weirdest problems in the world :frowning:

@Azeera I had these problems while using chrome too so I switched to IE and it’s fine now. You might wanna consider changing to IE or Firefox instead of chrome

2 Likes

I cannot see the times above the different events at all.
I’ve tried using Chrome, IE, and Firefox but they all look like this…
Someone, please help!

1 Like

If anyone else is having the same issue I had, I’ve just been given a solution that worked!

The website couldn’t convert to my timezone - changing your computer clock to one of the “main” timezones (I’m using London - UTC 0) fixed this automatically, including in Chrome.

4 Likes

All presentations are available at any time of the day as they have been pre-recorded. You can find Steve Kaufmann’s presentation in the section “Education”.

This is a first run for us in this environment. We will do our best to make improvements. Setting screen size might help to see the sidebar. We will potentially need to make adjustments to improve the usability as we see comments like yours to make the experience better each time we do something online. I hope you are enjoying the conference in spite of this minor thing.

2 Likes