Volunteers

Would like to volunteer and help us with the transcriptions of the talks?
Helping us with the subtitles is not only a great language practice, it is also a fantastic way to contribute to the conference from anywhere in the world.
Use the link here below and leave us your contact information + the languages you can help us with.
Looking forward to seeing you all at the conference.
Anja

Link to become a volunteer:
click here

1 Like

Hi @Anja_from_Alemania!

Thank you for your post. I have signed up to help out.

However, I would like to clarify one thing for the others, who are not in the translation business. One hour of audio transcription (without translation) takes an average of 4 hours (not 2 hours as mentioned in the form)

Adding translation to the process, you are looking at 6-8 hours of transcription work on every 1 hour of audio, depending on the technicality of the material discussed.

I hope that helps other volunteers have a clearer picture for time-management purposes :wink:

Good luck!

4 Likes

Thank you dear Zeina for signing up.
In this case, it is really 2h per talk as mentioned in the form.
Most of the presentations are 30-40min long.
And for most of the presentations we already have an automatically generated script. That script needs to be corrected, but no need to write it from scratch.
We don’t focus on translation at this point, it is mostly transcription.
The volunteers who have helped us with previous scripts actually told me that it took them 2h.

Again, thank you so much or offering your help, I’ll contact you very soon

4 Likes

Ah ok - yes it makes sense for a 30-40 minute audio to need 2 hours of transcription, with no translations required.

Cool! Can’t wait to partake in this!

Thank you for your clarification. Take care!

Zeina

2 Likes