The Programme for 27th March 2021

Fel free to cite the title and person you’d like to aim questions at in our programme:

(Times in GMT)

07:00 - 07:45 - Multilingualism Changes Your Life - A Chat with Lindie Botes

09:00 - 09:45 - Reframing Language Education with Stu Jay Raj

10:00 - 10:45 - Life in Multiple Languages with Alex Rawlings

11:00 - 11:45 - Polyglot Workshops – What worked well? A chat with Olly Richards

12:00 - 13:00 - Thomas H Bak & Dina Mehmedbegovic: Healthy Linguistic Diet: Why Multilingualism is Good for ALL Ages

13:00 - 13:45 - Multilingual but Speechless - A Chat About Aphasia with Marcus Thang

14:00 - 15:00 - Day of Multilingualism - uTalk Quiz

15:00 - 15:30 - Richard and Benny – The Moses Project

15:30 - 16:30 - Most Effective Cure for Monolingualism in the World: Raise Multilingual Kids!

17:00 - 17:45 - Mahya Mirsadeghi and Multilingual Iranian Life

18:00 - 18:45 - Incorporate Languages with Feelings Not Instructions with Marco Filippi

19:00 - 19:45 - Judith Meyer: A Life of Language Learning & Multilingualism

20:00 - 20:45 - HYPIA (Hyperpolyglot International Association)

21:00 - 21:45 - Multilingualism in an Indigenous Context with Anja Spilker

Sign up is here, if you didnt go to Polyglot Conference Global: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/144407361305

6 Likes

This is one of the great disadvantages of living in an area running on PST, I am far too early to participate in everything. I didn’t catch it in any of the other announcements, but will the talks be recorded in any way to be able to see them later?

6 Likes

I’d also love to know as 7am GMT is the middle of the night for me too.

3 Likes

Hi Richard! I think the UTalk Multilingual Quiz is missing in the schedule in this post. The quiz is at 2 PM GMT.

3 Likes

Please note that Most Effective Cure for Monolingualism in the World: Raise Multilingual Kids! starts at 15:30 GMT (11.30 am NY, 3.30 pm London, 4.30 pm Paris)
Thank you Richard for inviting Raising Multilinguals LIVE to organise a panel on the Polyglot Conference platform. Ute Limacher-Riebold, Tetsu Yung and myself are excited to run the panel with yourself, Heather Kozioł, Shereen Sharaan and Thomas H Bak to mark this important day!

3 Likes

Great programme! Looking forward to it!

1 Like

Looking forward to all the fun activities tomorrow, what a line up!

I’ll be hosting the uTalk x LangFest quiz tomorrow at 2pm UK time with Charlotte (uTalk), Brian (uTalk) and Tetsu (LangFest)…we can’t wait to see you there!!

6 Likes

Great to see you at the uTalk x LangFest quiz earlier :slight_smile:

Here are our leaderboards for the top 10 in each round:

Round 1: Multilingual world, multilingual life

Round 2: Language relations

Round 3: Just how multilingual are you?!

Don’t forget we’re running a quiz at 2pm UK time on the last Friday of every month - so see you again at the end of April! :slight_smile:

5 Likes