The Moon Cafe is not working

Hi everyone!

After the opening ceremony, I wanted to go to the Moon Cafe in order to chat with someone. However, the Zoom Room is not present. It means that the button “open zoom” did not appear.
I would be grateful for your help!
Best,
OlyaÌHelga

1 Like

Hi Olga! It works now. There is a good group of people there.

Just tried to go into the a
Moon Cafe and it’s asking me for a code. What is the code?

Weird. The Moon Cafe doesn’t ask for a code

Someone just came in, no problem with them

1 Like

Could it be my zoom account? Or my phone? Recently on my italki lessons zoom has been asking me for that and my teacher has given me the code. Not really sure about this. It’s a pretty new thing

Most of the users are using their laptops, and we may also have the recent Zoom update.

1 Like

Ok, thanks. My laptop is really old and sometimes doesn’t work well. I’ll try to see if I can update zoom on my phone

1 Like

I cannot enter the moon cafe with a mobile device. I am asked to enter a meeting code as well.

@Ron I am having the same issue whenever I try to join the meeting rooms with my cellphone, and there aren’t any updates available to download

@MultilingualBronxite, have you received messages from other participarts concerning this problem? :smiley:

Yeah, Kolby told me about this problem first. I find it very strange. If the links are being clicked from the Live Environment, there’s no reason why the rooms shouldn’t open, even from a mobile phone.

1 Like

Is anyone else on a laptop still having an issue? It says the Moon cafe has a meeting in progress, and I just updated Zoom too.

1 Like

Hi Lindie!

We were just in the Moon Cafe, and the room suddenly closed on us. As I tried to go back in, I got the same message as well

The same happened to me right now.

Ah OK, the same thing happened in the Korean room. Thanks for answering (and hi Miguel!)

2 Likes

Looks like all the rooms are not working right now…

2 Likes

So that’s why all of us left suddenly?

Not sure why, but currently we can’t enter any rooms

1 Like

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

Even the Sun Room is not working right now, and they’re supposed to be having the quiz. Ohhh what a time for tech failure :frowning:

2 Likes

Yes, I think it’s either a Zoom update or a technical glitch but I’m sure the organizers are working on it. For now we hang out here hehehe

2 Likes

There seems to have been a migration from Moon Cafe to Venus Room in the meantime