The Mixup Meeting Info, Plus I May Need Your Help (Meeting for Saturday 31/10)

Hi everyone!

So tomorrow, I am hosting a multilingual language meeting in the Multilingual World Room, using Breakout Rooms. The meeting will take place on Saturday, Halloween, at:

1:00 PM Los Angeles
4:00 PM New York
5:00 PM Brasilia
8:00 PM London
9:00 PM Paris
11:00 PM Istanbul

Which will be Monday at these locations:
12:30 AM Teheran
4:00 AM Hong Kong
7:00 AM Sydney

But here’s where I need your help. :slight_smile:
Which language(s) would you like to practice? I plan to be in the room a few minutes early and create the Breakout Rooms for each language in advance, so, besides the popular languages, which language are you looking to practice? Feel free to post the language(s). Perhaps a native speaker who sees your language will see this thread and will show up to the meeting, so this is why it’s key to post. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Korean, Hungarian, Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian

2 Likes

The language that I didn’t get to practice yet is Indonesian buuuut I doubt there will be other Indonesian speakers :eyes:

Otherwise, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, French (not sure which ones fit in the “popular languages” category)

4 Likes

Korean, Indonesian, Thai

4 Likes

Scandinavian languages plzzzzzzzzz

2 Likes

Galician (Spain), Spanish, Portuguese (European), Russian, French

2 Likes

Well this will be very early where I am (4.30 AM) and maybe for other Asian countries in general :joy: but Korean & Scandinavian languages would be awesome

5 Likes

LOL. Which one(s) in particular? :slight_smile:

I’m learning Danish but since there are little to none who does Danish I’ll be happy to ride along with the Norwegian/Swedish speakers as usual :joy:

2 Likes

Hello! So how are we gonna do this? Which languages are available ? :grinning:

1 Like

It’s going to be the common languages that most languages enthusiasts study, plus the ones that everyone writes in this thread :stuck_out_tongue:

@MultilingualBronxite So there will be Korean and Indonesian? :grin: Thanks for planning!

3 Likes

If we are the two of us in Indonesian, please be kind with me :joy: I don’t even think I qualify for a A1 level haha

2 Likes

It’s okay! My bahasa isn’t perfect either and I havent had a proper bahasa conversation for a few years already :rofl:

2 Likes

I’d love to speak Polish if someone else would be interested :poland:

4 Likes

I’m in, but I’m going to do the Dutch session with Cate first.

2 Likes

Where can I find. Them?

come to Venus Room now :slight_smile:

update as at 21:06 GMT

Japanese in zoloa room

German Mars 1

Turkish - Mulitlingual Room

Hindi in Indo-Iranian

Dutch in Germanic room

Italki room Room 2 for Italian

Slavic room - Russian

1 Like

Hi everyone! I’m very sorry for the technical problems. I did not foresee the issues that I would have with the inability to create Breakout Rooms. We will try this meeting again on Saturday. For now, here’s the details of the rooms:

Japanese in the Zaloa room
German in Mars 1
Turkish is in the Multilingual room
Portuguese is in the Romance lang room
Hindi in Indo-Iranian
Dutch in Germanic room
Italian in Italki room 2
Russian in Slavic room
Indonesian in Mars Room 2

6 Likes