Suriname is present :)

I’m from Suriname and live in Mexico.
I speak Sranantongo, Dutch, English and Spanish fluently.
I also speak some French and LSM.

8 Likes

Welkom @Anouska !

Wat betekent “LSM”?

Lengua de señas mexicanas :wave: :blush:

3 Likes

Muy bien, @Anouska! Gracias para explicarmelo! Esta existe también en Alemania (Soy alemana): DGS = Deutsche Gebärdensprache.

Ooh that’s nice.
I´m from Suriname and we have ours for Dutch.

Bienvenidos @AnouskaGuds! Good to meet you friend.

1 Like

Leuk!! Ik ben Nederlands, maar woon in Peru. Misschien spreken we elkaar wel in één van de language practice rooms :). Ik ben trouwens erg benieuwd naar Sranantongo!

5 Likes

That’s awesome, welcome! I travelled to Suriname a year ago and I loved it! I was trying to pick up a bit of Sranantongo before my trip but I unfortunately ran out of time to do it, although it was fascinating to see how well everyone spoke English too.

2 Likes

Yeah , right.
A lot of different languages are spoken there :suriname: :wave: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Dag Anouska!
Lovely to see that Suriname is represented! I was living there for a few months last year, an unusually diverse country I must say :open_mouth:

1 Like

Hello and welcome, it’s nice to meet you :slight_smile:

1 Like

What was the most unusual thing you experienced? :wave: :slightly_smiling_face:

:wave: :slightly_smiling_face:
nice to meet you 2 Rina

1 Like

Ho boy … Maybe sleeping in a hammock in the middle of the Surinamese jungle? Or maybe attending government meetings? :open_mouth:

1 Like

K heb veel nederlands in dit conferenns gesproken (mijn is niet perfect) maar een keer verzoek ik om e surinaamse accent te doen! niemand in dat moment herkende het. heehe

1 Like

Cool, I also speak a creole language. Mauritian Creole. I’ve listened to Sranan, Njuka online.

2 Likes

Oh nice,
and is it similar to yours?

My creole is based on French, just like Haitian and Reunionnais.

2 Likes

And Guadéloupéen-Martiniquais.

1 Like