Sign Languages at the conference?

Hi everyone!

I’m a native/bilingual user of American Sign Language with experience learning, using, and living in Chilean Sign Language (LSCh) and International Sign (with some exposure to JSL, BSL, LSM, and DGS). I also know or am actively learning English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, and German. Are there any conference attendees who use (natively or non-natively) any sign languages? I would love to set a time to meet!

3 Likes

Check out the Intro ASL talk by Anir and Amy in Saturn Theater.

Anir is also offering ASL practice sessions in italki Mercury University. Just check out the italki lessons schedule for when he’s leading the sessions. He’s volunteering like 10+ sessions.

1 Like

I’m a non native high beginner BSL sign user! I would love to find a time to meet (although my sign isn’t good at the moment because I have Used it for a long time)

1 Like

Kia ora everyone!

Just in case you haven’t seen, the Earth Rooms have been updated and the English Room is now the English AND SIGN LANGUAGE room! :smiley:

Let’s all get together and get to signing!

2 Likes

Hello Day!

Although I am unable to do any sign language, I do have something interesting to tell you.

In South Africa, which has 11 official languages, they started talking about adding Sign Language as official language too. If it will actually happen, we must still see in future.

Greetings from South Africa.

2 Likes

Hello I am Jahmeela. I am am fluent in ASL and have learned Panamanian Sign Language and Trinidad Sign Language. I currently use ASL and Tanzanian Sign Langauge on a daily basis

1 Like

Hello all! I am currently learning ASL, but am still a beginner.

1 Like

I’m in the English/SL room now if anyone wants to join…