اهلا بكم, Salut, Hello, Привет, Привіт

Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening to language learners around the world.
I am a Moroccan who lives in Ukraine.
I could not remember when my journey of learning languages begins since I was bilingual almost all my life, as I speak French and Arabic.
I had the chance to live in a very cosmopolitan place back home in Morocco, where people around the globe live nearby as my neighbors, they were from Korea, Russia, Canada, France, Britain, Senegal, Spain, U.S.A, etc.
Most of these neighbors did speak french, although when they were speaking with their mother tongue I wasn’t able to understand It looks very curious to me, to a little millennial child like me.
I think this environment did contribute somehow to why I am able to pick up a new language easily.
I had to wait until I was 10, so I could be exposed to my first lesson in English, but with time, school English lessons looked so boring, and not motivating at all, so I did subscript to the “American Language Center” in Casablanca where I learn English, I think the way on how they taught English is fun, exciting and most of all very practical. This pedagogy did somehow helped me to make a paradigm for myself to learn other languages like Russian and Ukrainian.
The paradigm of learning a language for me is to immerse myself completely into using the language, by using it on a daily base, although watching movies and listening to the radio could help, you have to use the language too and not be afraid of doing mistakes after all people by nature like to correct other people, and the more people will correct, the more instinctively you will do fewer mistakes, and even improve and sound like a native speaker. I think it’s the same way that most of us used to learn their mother tongue, but this time you are a full-grown adult.
I hope my story could be a source of inspiration for others to learn languages. And I wish you good luck in this wonderful journey that will never regret.

3 Likes

Привет Абдалла, очень приятно! Я изучаю русский сейчас.

1 Like

Привет Джо, мне тоже!
Когда вы начинали изучать русский язык?

Добрый день!
Какая интересная у вас история!! Как давно вы живете на Украине?

Hola, BONJOUR, Ciao, Servus, Salut, Szia, Kadu, CONICHIGUA, please someone help find the 2021 forum.
PEKO PEKO