Post-Polyglot Conference 2021 Keeping in Touch Thread

Hi everyone,

I had a great time at my first ever Polyglot Conference!!

I’m very sad that we now have to leave the world of magic [languages] and go back to interacting with Muggles [monoglots/people who aren’t interested in learning about other languages and cultures] and that we may not see as much of our fellow wizards/witches/magical folk [polyglots/language enthusiasts/those interested in other languages and cultures].

So I thought I’d create this thread - in case anyone wants to leave their contact details so people can stay in touch with them generally (whether now or after the Conference officially ends on November 7th), they can do so here - in this way, we can try to keep the magic alive!

Mine are below:

Instagram: deej.3005
Facebook: Dhananjay Talwar
WhatsApp: +447853236197

Thanks,
DJ

10 Likes

I woke up at 5am this morning and jumped out of bed onto my PC to check which events were going on at the moment…only to remember that we ended yesterday. Hit with the hard reality. :cry:

Facebook: Stephanie Zhou
WhatsApp: +19088423495

8 Likes

Oh I really like this idea! :slight_smile:

You can find me on Instagram: @rinascrazyworldoflanguages

2 Likes

You can find me in a number of different places…

Instagram @tiff.the.strange
Email: Pinangel.th@gmail.com

And if you ask nicely, I might offer my phone number. I look forward to seeing everybody throughout the year. Perhaps at various conversation groups and the like.

2 Likes

Very good idea!

My IG : cameleondeslangues
Website (language resources database + Dutch reading material) : www.cameleondeslangues.be
My Fb: guillaume le polain
My youtube : le cameleon des langues
Number: +32 494 73 81 56
mail : guillaume.lepolain@hotmail.be

Would love to have some multilingual discussions on video calls! :smiley:
And also I’m interested in a long-term German or Norwegian language exchange :smiley:

4 Likes

Hi Guillaume,

If you don’t mind my irregular work hours, and therefore non-regular meetings, we could give a German-French language exchange a try :slight_smile:

I’m also interested in a weekly (or bi-monthly) Norwegian language exchange! I think Astari said that they had one last year.

You can keep in touch with me on Instagram: @patricia.languages

2 Likes

Merci pour avoir écrit vos contacts. Si quelqu’un veut me contacter pour pratiquer nos langues ensemble, vous pouvez m’envoyer un DM. Jake

2 Likes

It’s a great idea DJ. Here are my contact details:
e-mail: tompoloz@wp.pl
whatsapp: +48791813366
instagram: TomekP
Facebook: Tomek Polozowski

1 Like

Hello. It’s a great idea. Here are mine:
Instagram: moniec25
Facebook: Monika Černeková
E-mail: monicacernek@gmail.com

1 Like

I will be attending some of the weekly talks. Definitely for Hungarian whenever I can, and maybe for German as well. Someone was talking the other day about creating a recurring talk for Galician. I’d go to that one as well!

2 Likes

Hi foreign language - fans!

My name is “Jolien Schittko” on Facebook. I can offer language practise in German and Dutch, German is my native language. I would like to practise especially Danish and Norwegian, but also Spanish and French. Got regular language practise for Italian and Esperanto.

Kind regards,

Jolien

1 Like

Totally share the same sentiments!

You can contact me on the following:
Personal IG (private): markvlong
Language IG (public): kumusta_mark
Email: markloveslanguages@gmail.com

If you want to connect on WhatsApp, hit me up with a DM~

2 Likes

Hello!

My personal FB: https://www.facebook.com/sonyanna
My FB page: https://www.facebook.com/SoniaLinguist
My Instagram: @sonialinguist

Keep in touch!

Hello hello!

my twitter : https://twitter.com/itslynnda_
my instagram (not language related, photography related) : https://www.instagram.com/liands.jpeg
telegram : @liaands

I think I know a lot of you by now, but I could leave my Instagram to also keep in touch, as well as giving everyone another way of contacting me in case I go missing on the forums and you need help :stuck_out_tongue:

@MultilingualBronxite
Based on the blog of the same name :sweat_smile:

3 Likes