Poliglotar 2021

Poliglotar is a Brazilian language conference, inspired by the Polyglot Gathering, that has been taking place since 2016, but because of the pandemic, it will be mainly online, with a in-person meeting for those living in Fortaleza, Brazil. The program and speakers are now set, taking place from November 5th to November 7th.

The interesting part of this online conference is the use of interpreters. The event will have various volunteer interpreters that will interpret the talks between English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, and sometimes even Arabic. Most of the talks are in Portuguese, but with the interpreters, you are able to listen to the participants in various languages.

For everyone who is interested in participating, you can visit Poliglotar’s website, fill out the form that has a glowing orange background, then make a payment; there are numerous ways to pay for the registration, which is USD $11 (10 Euros), and are listed on the website.

The site is in Portuguese, but with Google Chrome, you are able to translate the website and register, and choose your method of payment.

If there are any questions, you can email the organizer Juliano at
julianotmartins@gmail.com or you can ask questions in this thread as well.

7 Likes

I was thinking about signing up for this, too, but I couldn’t find any information about wether at least some of the sessions will be recorded? I would only be able to really join for a day :frowning:

Oi Miguel!

Nunca participei no Poliglotar mas tem sessões de conversas em muitas línguas como na conferência políglota e no polyglot gathering ou são apenas conferências e presentações?

They will be recorded and put on YouTube, last year’s presentations are on YouTube! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh that’s great, thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

O ano passado, eles tinham salas de conversa alem das palestras, mas por agora, nao tem o calendario completo, so o calendario das palestras. Talvez a seguinte semana vamos saber. Eu tambem quero saber se eles terao salas de conversa

1 Like

Beleza, vou fizar atenta entĂŁo :slight_smile:

During a live video that the organizers of Poliglotar did with Diego of Diversilingua on YouTube, our very own Kolby actually asked the question to Juliano, and he said that there will be language practice rooms, as well as a possible games section, and perhaps a job market room. So there won’t just be presentations at Poliglotar

3 Likes

I’ve registered and paid the 9 GBP for Poliglotar2021 but I haven’t received any confirmation email at all or details of how to participate as yet

Is this normal?

1 Like

I got you. That happened to me last year.

I posted Juliano’s email above, so you could send him an email with a screenshot proof that you paid the money to attend, and ask him if he could send you the Word file with the program and Zoom links. If he doesn’t answer, let us know.

Thanks very much, I’ve already emailed him bu didn’t send a screenshot or ask for the Word document with the programme

I’ll email again soon if I don’t hear back, thanks!

Ohhh. Just send him another one now if possible. Juliano is out on the town showing the visitors around, those that are going to be in person on Saturday, so he’ll take a bit of time to respond. It will be easier for him to understand, and he should send you the details. If not, we could help. :slight_smile:

It’s alright, he’s sent me everything but thanks for your help!

I’m in the WhatsApp chat too, I’ve just joined it and seen you’ve written a few messages

1 Like

Alguém sabe onde a gente pode encontrar as salas de conversa? Sò recebi um mail (e a alteração) com os links das palestras.

2 Likes

Ola Marc.

Acho que eles vao fazer salas pelo novo aplicativo Fluwi, o aplicativo que apresentaram hoje. O Fluwi quer se promover na conferencia, e entao, todos temos que fazer cadastros para depois ter salas e encontros disponiveis. Nao sei se teremos salas de convers pelo Zoom, parece que vao usar e promover o Fluwi.