List of Regular Language Meetings Currently Not on 2021 Programme

Hi guys! Over the last few days, we’ve all been trying to add our regular language meetings into the Conference, but because of how busy everyone is, it isn’t always possible to add everything into the Programme yet. For the time being, I will make a small list here of the meetings that will meet during the Conference (and afterwards, of course :wink: ) that are meeting, but are currently not on the Programme yet.

All times are in London time

Thai [Sundays at 1300 , Fridays 1900]
Hungarian [Wednesdays at 1700]
French [Sundays from 1500 to 1700, Saturdays at 1900]
Arabic [Saturdays from 1500 to 1700]
Italian [Wednesdays at 1000]
Turkish [Mondays at 2000]
Mandarin Chinese [Sundays from 1700 to 1900, Tuesdays at 1200]
Vietnamese [Sundays at 1400, Thursdays at 1000]
Dutch [Sundays at 0800]

I will update this list as long as either more of our members confirm that their regular meetings are still happening, and wish to have them during the Conference, and if the meetings on this list are added to the Programme. When everything appears on the Programme, I’ll delete the post. LOL.

9 Likes

Hey Miguel, could you also add the regular French and Chinese practices to that list up there?

3 Likes

Hey Miguel @MultilingualBronxite, can you add the Vietnamese meetings on Thursdays to the list as well? Thank you!

3 Likes

Seems like many activities are not yet listed on the program.

I know Eleanor. That’s why this list is here. I’m still thinking of what to add and at what time, but it’s not easy for me. We don’t have regular Spanish or Portuguese sessions at the moment, for example :expressionless:

2 Likes

Good news everyone!

Richard has posted some of the language meetings that I submitted for you guys. It has me as host, even though I don’t speak some of the languages that I submitted. LOL Some of the meetings are scheduled for the Venus Room.
If a meeting was scheduled for Earth Exchange, and it was not assigned any specific room, use Earth Exchange 1. If there are participants in that room, use the other rooms until there’s an empty room.

3 Likes

Are there any Spanish italki lessons or language exchanges left for the rest of the conference because I don’t think I see any (I might be wrong) and I was hoping to join one :grinning:

2 Likes

Well, I’m actually hosting 2 Italki Spanish sessions tomorrow. I don’t know if Ana will be back, but I’ll see if I could do more of them if I have more free time.

2 Likes

That’s great to hear! I’ll check them out later. Thank you

3 Likes

Italian is currently 10 am Wednesdays London Time. We changed it because of time conflicts.

3 Likes

Is that going to be permanent after the Conference, or just for this week?

2 Likes

That is a permanent change. (at least until our schedules change again)

3 Likes

Okay cool. I’ll also change the speadsheet.
For tomorrow, everyone can go to Earth Exchange 1, and then the Venus Room after the Conference. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I see there is one session early morning tomorrow (KST) :nerd_face: I’ll try to attend that one! Thank you for the Spanish italki sessions.

3 Likes

For Italian, actually, we agreed on Thursday mornings at 10 am! (-Not-
Wednesdays)

I’m so sorry, my hand must have slipped when putting language practices on my agenda.

Hello,

I have bought a ticket for the Conference, but when I try to enter in some activities, like language exchange, when Zoom starts to open I receive a message that says that the meeting is only for authorized or invited persons. Has anybody experienced this? Thanks

Hi Marina!

If you have a free Zoom account, try to sign in to your account, and access the rooms again. Zoom is not letting participants who don’t have Zoom accounts to access the rooms. Strange behavior by Zoom, but it’s because of the app’s updates.

2 Likes