You speak a minority language? You have a language-related job? You were raised in a multilingual family? Or do you know anything else that is interesting or uncommon and involves languages? Come and meet other participants to share your experience during
Global during LangFest’s Topic Room sessions! Interested? Sign up here! https://bit.ly/LF-Topics
How do they work? During the first 5 or 10 minutes, you will briefly introduce your topic. During the rest of the 30-minute session, you will interact with and answer questions coming from the people participating. All sessions will be moderated by a member of the LangFest and/or Polyglot Conference Global team.
They will be organized at different times of the day throughout the week!
- “Living through the Basque language today”
- “My Esperanto-speaking family”
- “My hyperpolyglot family”
- “Meet job as an interpreter at the UN/EU/other international organization”
- “My job as a machine translation specialist”
- “Life in my (complex) multilingual country/city/region: X”
- “Meet a field linguist”
- “What does a linguist do?” or “Very short presentation of my language-related research”
- Also accepted would be short presentations of the type: “Discover this place/language family/language”, but from a social/historical POV, not really as a language crash course (see below)
Unconventional, less often discussed topics would be encouraged. The goal is to interact socially and/or with the person of focus, but also ideally to learn something new.