Korean Podcasts for Beginners - with transcripts

Hello, I’m learning Korean, my level is getting to upper intermediates.
I’m looking for Korean Podcasts which have transcripts. Do you have any recommendation?
I prefer the podcasts only in Korean, no English.
Thank you.
감사합니다
Noriko

4 Likes

At this level I used the talktomeinkorean 이야기 series, they’re around 10 minutes long, use natural language but are still easy to understand. I would generally listen once without reading the transcript, then read through the transcript marking unknown words, and then listen and read repeatedly over a few days. I personally think this is the most useful content TTMIK offers. Good luck!

2 Likes

Ewan, Thank you so much for your reply and information. I am already using TTMIK. So I am still looking for different podcasts. Anyway I really enjoy using TTMIK. Thanks.

안녕하세요 Noriko 씨 ! :blush:

I am currently learning Korean and I have been actively looking for the same type of resources : podcast episodes + transcripts in 100% Korean !

I found 2 resources that I can share with you today :

• The SpongeMind podcast made by Jonson Lee and Jeremy Brinkerhoff. They record each episode twice: once in 100% english and once in 100% Korean, and they provide the transcripts 100% free upon request (a simple email).
  • A Naver audioclip series that is targeted at foreigners 외국인 : it is 100% in Korean and the full transcript is provided in the notes of each episode. You have to be careful where you start to listen because it seems the level is progressing with each new episode (from 3급 to 6급). Direct link :point_right: https://audioclip.naver.com/channels/57

Hope this will help you in your Korean learning journey ! :sparkles:

1 Like

ご存知かもしれませんが、NHKワールドの韓国語ニュースはポッドキャストとスクリプト両方あります。

スクリプト↓

Hi Julie, 감사합니다! I checked the Naver one. I like it very much. Thank you for your information.
Noriko

1 Like

Takashi さん、ありがとうございます。ニュースですね、難しそうですが、チャレンジしてみます!
감사합니다!