Karaoke - Name, Time, Co-Host Volunteer Updates

Hi all!!

Please see our newest Karaoke updates below:

KARAOKE FB GROUP NAME:

We changed the name of this group on Facebook to World Music Virtual Karaoke to inspire non-polyglots to join us as well.

KARAOKE TIME:

• European (time-zone) Karaoke runs from 12pm-3pm EDT

• Evening Karaoke runs from 8pm - 12am EDT

• Our Karaoke Room can be accessed here:

:point_right: https://bit.ly/39maxA6 :point_left:

CO-HOST VOLUNTEERS NEEDED:

As of now, we don’t have sufficient co-host volunteers for our European Karaoke. In the event that no sufficient volunteers offer to host this Friday’s (April 2) European Karaoke, I would have to unfortunately cancel it.

Let me, @Dhinny, or @Carlos1 know if you have any questions!

Zeina

4 Likes

Just put in my info, I can, so far, catch the first half of every Friday. I have rearranged my schedule to allow for it.

1 Like

Thank you Tiffany! That is very helpful!

Worst-case scenario would be not having anyone as host and whoever shows up can host him/herself HAHA

We’ll see…

Take care!
Zeina

1 Like

Got a question…I would like to suggest myself a new section in the sessions, maybe from time to time, it can be useful to think in a movie session…the length of the KK sessions are around 3 hours, so we can cover that with a film, in case we have a limited amount of people or others would like to change the routine… :grimacing:

1 Like

Hi :slight_smile:

We can certainly discuss this at some point in the future. Thank you for your input! Much appreciated :slight_smile:

Zeina

1 Like

I am in the Karaoke room, but I can’t do anything

Yes, same problem. We don’t have permission to activate the microphone or camera, apparently.

That is what I saw. There is no ability to do anything, I just get a red circle with a slash

Yes, I think we need Zeina to give us permission. Carlos is there and seems to have permissions, but I can’t communicate with him as the chat is blocked as well.

I tried sending him a message on Facebook, but I don’t know if he will read it. I could try sending Zeina a message as well.

Yeah, let’s try that. The permissions are set so that only moderators can use camera, mic, and chat. We can all use the player though. It should be the other way around.

@Miri and @PinAngel

Ladies - my apologies for last week’s inconveniences! I will make sure moving forward that the Karaoke room is enabled on Thursday evening for the next day :slight_smile:

Zeina

1 Like

Hi everyone, I can’t make it to Karaoke today. I hope you have fun and I’ll see you next week.

1 Like

I won’t be able to make it today, I have work obligations. I will see you all next week.

I won’t be able to join today because of the Gathering.
BTW, can someone post the link to the Karaoke Facebook page. I can’t find it. I always meet people who may be interested but never know which link to give them for more information.

1 Like

I, too, will be attending activities at the Gathering. So, I’ll miss karaoke this week as well.

Miri this is the facebook page :slight_smile:

Hope to see you guys soon!

1 Like

Hey all,

How has everyone been? Long time!

I wanted to let you know that we need your help in keeping our Karaoke room active. Our current Karaoke room has been linked to my PayPal account for monthly payments. My PayPal account, however, has become inactivated due to some technical issue. Point is I need someone to take over please.

Anyone who has a PayPal account can link it to the Karaoke room for a monthly payment of USD 3.5. We can take turns contributing monthly, but we need one fixed PayPal account. I can guide you and let you know how to link it to the Karaoke room.

If by July 27, 2021, we can’t find anyone with a PayPal account to link to our Karaoke room, we would have to go back to creating a new room each Friday.

Any suggestions would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Zeina

2 Likes

Hey guys, I can’t make it to the karaoke today, I have some work responsibilities to deal with. I hope to see you next Friday.

1 Like

Hi everyone!

I have a few Karaoke updates for you.

So, Tiffany ended up offering to use her PayPal account for the monthly USD 3.5 subscription, in order for us to keep the Karaoke room active. THANK YOU, TIFF!!!

To be fair, and after a brief discussion with her, only I and Tiff now have access to the Karaoke room account - since the room is running on her PayPal now. So, if anyone has issues with the room itself or any other questions, pertaining to the Karaoke room, payments, or PayPal account, please, reach out to me or to Tiffany directly.

Another thing we need to brainstorm is how do we contribute to our monthly subscription and via what method(s)?

So, first thank you to all who offered to contribute to our monthly payment! I know the 3.5 bucks is barely anything, but still - offering to share the payment means a lot to us. It is really generous of you!! Those who know me know I love generosity! LOL

To those who offered to contribute to the monthly payment:

We need to cover 5 monthly payments, for the period ending on December 28, 2021.

I was thinking if you have a PayPal account, you can directly transfer the money to Tiff’s account. Please, reach out to me if you have a PayPal account and are able to cover any payments.

If you don’t have a PayPal account and would still like to contribute, also reach out to me, with your suggestions on how we can do that.

If anyone has other ideas on this matter, please let us know. We want to hear from all of you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you for your time and have a wonderful week!

Zeina

1 Like