Hindi and my dreams to stop reading subtitles

I watch a lot of things in other languages, but at this point, those are mostly Bollywood movies. I’ve been watching so long I feel like I’m behind on learning the language at this point! Anyone else learning/hoping to learn Hindi/Urdu?

2 Likes

Hi Caroleza! I’m also interested and hoping to learn Hindi and Urdu! Both languages are very similar and they are such beautiful languages.

3 Likes

Aren’t they though! What got you interested?

1 Like

I like the sounds of Hindi and Urdu, they really sound amazing! I first got introduced to Hindi through Hindi music and subsequently I began to have interest on Bollywood movies.

2 Likes

Hindi pop or more traditional?

I like and listen to both but I listen to more pop music.

1 Like

Ahh–I also like both but I tend more towards traditional. I got interested in college years ago and then found Coke Studio a few years back which rekindled my interest. I found I really like Sufi music. Any song recommendations?

I really like Alisha Chinai! Her voice is great

1 Like

Huge Bollywood fan here, but the rest of my household is sick of watching them, so have been on hiatus for a few years. But a big enough fan that my male cat is named “Shahrukh”! :smiley:
I would love to eventually learn some Hindi, but am a bit afraid of distracting myself from my Irish studies until I get to a comfortable B2 level. Love listening to the language though!

1 Like

Haha–love the cat’s name!

2 Likes