Hi I’m Crystal

Здравствуйте (Russian)
Hello!
Nyob zoo kuv Crystal (Hmong)
Hello I’m Crystal (if memory serves me correctly I know I got the hello and my name part right.)

Sunnysouthpaw is a combination of my sunny disposition and my lefthandedness.

I’m a native English speaker and I was born and raised in the states. I’ve always been fascinated with languages even as a kid. It was mind blowing and funny that Germans called butterflies Smetterling (butterflies are really Schmetterlinge a Smetterling is just a single butterfly but I didn’t know that distinction back then.)
I am primarily focused on relearning Korean (because I love Korean culture, music, and Korean tv/movies) and continuing to improve my Tagalog/Filipino so I can pick up Bisaya/Cebuano dialect and not get confused with Tagalog.
I listen to a lot of music in general but I try to make it in my target languages and I sing along and I probably mispronounce words so much especially in Korean but you can’t improve in language learning if you don’t make mistakes.

I lack succinctness and I am an aspiring author.

Maraming Salamat sa pagbabasa (Tagalog/Filipino)

4 Likes

Kumusta ka, Crystal. Wilkommen. Wie gehts? Nice to meet you.

Do you have relatives from Cebu or Visaya?

I’ve been meaning to learn Tagalog. I think at some point next year I will try to do so. I’m working on a few other languages first.