Greetings from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia!

Hi! I’m Heather. ^^ I’m 26 years old and I’m from Malaysia.

Like everyone else here, I love languages. I speak Mandarin Chinese (my mother tongue), Hokkien, English, Bahasa Melayu, Korean and I’m currently learning French. I would say I’m around C1 in Korean, which I’ve been studying for 5 years, and B1 in French, which I’ve been learning for about a year and a half.

I currently work as a copywriter, but I’m studying EN-CN translation in my free time. I also tutor beginners in Korean and blog about language learning from time to time. My favourite thing to do in my target languages are: reading, singing, writing letters and translating song lyrics. :joy:

This is my first time at the Polyglot Conference - I don’t think I would have been able to join if it weren’t online. I’m really excited and I look forward to meeting other like-minded polyglots who share the same passion for languages. It’s crazy how many of us there are, because I don’t really know anyone who’s as into language learning as we are irl!

3 Likes

Eh orang KL! Selamat datang

Hi Heather, looks like we speak quite similar languages as I speak Indonesian, English, and currently learning Korean and French too. Hope to see you in some of the rooms here sometime soon, enjoy the conference!

Ehhh rasa gembira jumpa orang malaysia dkt sini haha ^^

Hi! It does look like we speak quite similar languages! ^^ How long have you been learning French and Korean?

I’m still figuring out the interface and how everything works haha. I might start with the talks ^^

1-2 years for both Korean and French but it’s been on and off, the pandemic gives me plenty of time to focus on them though. I suggest to check into the French exchange room every now and then to see who’s hanging out to have some chat in French. Maybe i’ll see you there!

Selamat datang dan selamat sejahtera, saya orang utara, dari Taiping, Perak.