French - Come and practise with a beginner?

I would very much appreciate a few chats with someone who can be patient with my rusty A1 French. I don’t have enough to contribute in a room with more fluent speakers, but I understand quite a bit and need to get a bit of speaking pratise in. Anyone? (What times work for you? I am in Australia, so we are at GMT+11).

2 Likes

I really want to help, but I’m in the same boat! Haven’t spoken French for 15ish years, but really want to revive it! I can understand quite a bit, but I can only speak a little. Interested to see how this thread progresses! I’m in London, on GMT.

Maybe that will be ok though… I can slowly piece together a sentence :slight_smile: What sort of times and days would suit you?

salut les polyglots, je vous propose un petite atelier de reformulation après 18H ou en après-midi heure française ou milei de matinée samedi, vous me dîtes l’endroit (la french room est ok je pense)

Hi Cate,
I’m also a beginner in French.
I and some other people are meeting up in the French Earth room tomorrow (at noon in Melbourne,10am in Japan).
Maybe we can have a nice slow conversation.

1 Like

I’m guessing that’s about 1pm for me then, in which case I can’t make it (I’ll be at work) :sweat_smile: Have a lovely time everyone, and I hope it’s a good refresher for you, @CateDeans!

1 Like

10 AM saturday?..

10am GMT? or Paris time, GMT+2? If you mean Paris time, that will be 7pm for me … it works

@greenteagirl Choose a time that works for Melbourne, and I’ll meet you at another time.

1 Like

@greenteagirl Just remember you are GMT + 1 for now, yes?

1 Like

7PM then!!!

Booked! Saturday, GMT 8:00 (London summertime 9am, Paris 10am, Melbourne 7pm)

If any other speakers want to come please do…(but please keep it at a low, easy level for newbies)

2 Likes

Je pense que c’est 01:00 (1AM) Pacific Daylight Time aux Etats-Unis. J’espère pouvoir rester éveillé.

Hey Cate, I’d also love to be a part of this. I’m a french beginner too.