English and spanish practice group

Hi everyone! i hope all of you are having a good time learning languages!

i am interesting in open a spanish/english speaking practice group.
Does anyone want to be part of this group?

have a good day!

2 Likes

Depending on the time that the meetings are set. I’m interested

Thank you for your interest Tiffany!

The meetings could be set to EST - Easter Estandard Friday or Saturday 6pm - 8pm or 8pm - 10pm.

1 Like

Of those options I would pick Saturday from 8p EST. I live in the west coast and that would be the only time I have open in my schedule.

that woud be great! the group could start on April 24 via Zoom.
or do you know another plataform where the group can take place?

Zoom seems to be the easiest way. We can either, potentially, use the Venus Room(if there is a space open) or set up a completely separate Zoom meeting and just get the meeting code set for anyone who may want to join.

1 Like

I have not used Venus Room before. Could you explain me how it works? please.

It is part of the Polyglot Conference “live environment”. It is just a Zoom room that has been set aside for meetings for different language exchanges. Somewhere in the forum is a whole thread regarding the use of the room for practice sessions. I attend a German language group every Thursday.

1 Like

Sounds great! thanks for the explanation.
Then i think we can try with the Venus Room. I have another question.
How we can get the Venus Room Code?

As far as I know, you can just go in. I’ve never needed a code. Just have to make sure there’s no other group in at the same time

2 Likes

Thanks Tifanny. do you know how we can get in or what is the link? I was looking for information about it but i did not find it. What i did find was an Excel document where we can schedule the group!

1 Like

This is where you find the live environment to be able to access the Venus Room. And I would check the thread on Uses for the Venus Room and give folks a heads up that you want to add a Spanish/English practice time.
1 Like

Thanks a lot Tiffany! due to the available schedules i think we can add two schedules in the Venus Calendar for Spanish/English practice time. In the calendar there is room from 2:00am to 4:00 am Sunday London Time, which is 8:00PM TO 10:00PM Saturday EST Time and we can use too from 22: 00 and 23:00 Saturday London Time which is 4:00PM to 6:00pm EST Time. How we can add this information to the calendar?

I think you only have to ask @MultilingualBronxite to add the times to the schedule

2 Likes

Tiffany, in the Venus Room Meetings Excel there are two Schedule in London Time:

• Sunday: 2:00am - 4:00am
  • Tuesday: 00:00 - 2:00am

if you are interested in participating in one of these schedules!

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m up for joining. Sounds exiting!

1 Like

I apologize for not being able to attend this past week, but I’ll make sure my schedule allows for attendance at the next set of sessions.

1 Like

Well, my schedule has become quite busy, but I am hopeful that this weekend I will be able to join. I have the time set on my calendar.

1 Like

Thanks for writing Tiffany, i could not attend the last weekend. But this weekend i am going to be there.

1 Like