Deutsch / German chat meetups

Hey everyone!

Whoever is interested in practicing some German once a week, please let me know in this thread. I am EST time zone. But I will try to be flexible to accommodate other time zones as much as possible.

I prefer to pick a day other than the weekend. But I am waiting to hear from everyone first and then we can decide together.

Thank you!
Zeina

7 Likes

Hi Zeina, as my mother tongue is German I can try to join you for some of these as well :slightly_smiling_face:. But I’m no teacher and I’m no good at teaching either :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

Don’t worry! Let’s see if we can get others to participate too. If not, we’ll just find a good time for both and we can definitely meet to chat. :blush:

1 Like

Oh, that would be great, too :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d be happy to have chances to practice German too

3 Likes

Amazing ! Thanks Steven!

I would like to practice German twice a week at least!
I am on London time and free mostly weekdays until 2pm as well as the weekend.

2 Likes

Hi, happy to chat in German too and help others where I can! I’m currently quite flexible timewise. :blush:

5 Likes

I’m also happy to speak some German

1 Like

Cool! Thank you everyone for your replies!

What days of the week are the most convenient? Would Wednesdays work for everyone? Is 10 am EST on Wednesdays a good time for you guys? Any other suggestions?

2 Likes

Yes 10 am EST Wed can work for me, but I might prefer just a little earlier at 9 or 9:30 am EST as I have to move something to make it work.

1 Like

Wednesdays (or Mondays) any time from 9 am EST onwards are usually fine for me, other weekdays or before 9 am EST not so much.

2 Likes

Ja, 9 / 9:30 / 10 am EST kommt mir auch gut aus.

2 Likes

Woww, that sounds nice. I’m learning german too

1 Like

Ok then since most prefer Wednesdays earlier than 10am, let’s meet tomorrow Wednesday at 930am EST in the Germanic room.

For next week, please let me know what other times might work as well to take other suggestions into consideration.

Bis bald!!

@Wen @StevenT @RonP @Feilin @TomekP @Rina

I’ll try to make it, it’ll be very early for me as I’m on PST. I’d love to practice my German. I’ll just have to get up a little sooner than I might usually. I look forward to meeting up.

1 Like

I would also be happy to practice German. Will it then definitely be tomorrow Wednesdat at 10 am EST?

1 Like

9.30am Wednesday tomorrow.

2 Likes

Thank you Zeina, i will try to make it

1 Like

I’ll try to be there also, I’ve just started german so I don’t speak yet but I would love to listen to you talking with each other. If that’s okey :smiley:

5 Likes