Anyone interested in Greek chat?

Hello everyone! Would anyone be interested in meeting and chatting in Greek or about Greek? Let me know! I live in London, time-wise.

4 Likes

Γεια σου Λίλα, πώς είσαι; Καλώς ήρθες! Είμαι ο Ματιας, από το Μπουένος Άιρες, Αργεντινή. Μπορώ να μιλήσω 12 γλώσσες, μεταξύ απο ολά, Α2 επίπεδο ελληνικών. Ναι, για μένα είναι πολύ ενδιαφέρον να συζητάμε μαζί σας. Ευχαριστώ πολύ!

Γεια σου, Ματίας! Ευχαριστώ για το μήνυμα. Θα περιμένω να δω αν θα υπάρξει ενδιαφέρον και μπορούμε να κανονίσουμε μια συνάντηση μέσω Zoom. Πώς σου φαίνεται; Εκτός κι αν προτιμάς απλώς να γράφουμε. Ό,τι θέλεις. Τα ελληνικά σου είναι πολύ καλά για Α1! Πώς τα έμαθες;
Hi Matias! Thank you for the message. I’ll wait to see if there is interest and we can schedule a meeting via Zoom. Does this sound OK to you? Unless you prefer just writing. Whatever you like. Your Greek is very good for an A2 level! How did you learn it?

1 Like

Lila: in April 2018 I decided to begin Modern Greek lessons with a particular teacher, Savvas, a Greek old man who resides in Buenos Aires since at least forty years. I didn’t begin from scratch (I knew how to read fluently the Greek alphabet and I knew more or less 150 specific Greek words before starting lessons), and I took classes every week until December 2018, when I changed for Turkish. In March 2019 I switched back to Greek, and “o geros” prepared me for the international Greek language examination, A2 level, that I took two months later, on May 30th, at the Hellenic Foundation in Buenos Aires. But I failed, because my written production was too short. I hope to prepare the examination again this time at B1 level.

By the way, I don’t have any problems to arrange a Zoom meeting for everybody who wants to join us.
For me, it would be a great honor. (And sorry for every grammar mistake).
Best wishes, with fortune, success and health
Matias

Hi Lilia,

I’m interested, but also wanted to share some Zoom meetings I attend (semi)regularly
This one takes place every Friday evening 6pm EST
https://events.duolingo.com/event/f5242415-83a7-43a2-9aca-12a3c6ea7513

This one is happening this Saturday and it’s on every other week. The earlier time might make it be easier for you
https://events.duolingo.com/event/26aed657-ae9b-4a8b-ac33-62501c71023a

And then there’s this one on Sundays

1 Like

Γεια σου, Ματίας! Α, πολύ ενδιαφέρον! Δηλαδή σε 10 μήνες ήσουν έτοιμος για το Α2. Ο Σάββας πρέπει να είναι πολύ καλός δάσκαλος. 'Η ο μαθητής πολύ έξυπνος, χαχα.
Θα περιμένω ακόμη λίγο να δω αν ενδιαφέρεται κανένας άλλος και μπορούμε να κανονίσουμε κάτι μέσω Zoom. Εντωμεταξύ μπορείς να μου γράφεις στα ελληνικά. Μην αγχώνεσαι για τα λάθη. Εγώ θα σου γράφω στα ελληνικά και θα μεταφράζω για να κάνεις εξάσκηση.
Τα λέμε

Hi Matias! Ah, very interesting! So, in 10 months you were ready to sit for A2. Savvas must be a very good teacher. Or the student is very clever haha. I will wait a bit longer to see if anyone else is interested and then we can schedule something via Zoom. In the meantime, please write to me in Greek. Do not worry about mistakes. I will write to you in Greek and translate so you can practice.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi Johanna! Thank you for your interest and for the links! Like I say above (or below :slight_smile:) I will wait to see if anyone else is interested in a Zoom meeting. I will take your other meetings in consideration as well. In the meantime, feel free to chat with Matias and me.

Cheers!

1 Like