Alma Milisic - introduction

Greetings everyone,

My name is Alma Milisic (我的中文名字叫夏爱灵). I am a Bosnian journalist and translator currently living in the Middle East.

I am immensely happy to meet all of you fellow polyglots and to have an opportunity to chat with you in different languages.

I produce videos and online news content in English, Bosnian, Arabic and Spanish, and I translate and researcher in 12 languages. My areas of interest are the geopolitics and Media Linguistics of the Balkans, MENA and Asia Pacific (especially China and Koreas).

At this year’s conference, I will speak about the role of polyglots in the newsroom and the importance of languages in today’s Media. Do check out my video under the title: Polyglot in the Newsroom: How Working in the Media Helps me Maintain Languages. I have included subtitles, but in case they don’t show up on the website, feel free to reach out to me directly with any questions you might have.

Leave a comment below in your target language and tell me if watching and reading news has had any significant role in your language learning process.

Let’s also connect on Instagram and Twitter.

My Twitter handle is @AlmaMilisic, and my Instagram account is bookmeacountry.

Great to meet you all!

7 Likes