2018 Polyglot Conference in Ljubljana, Slovenia

Did anyone here attend the 2018 Polyglot Conference? If you attended, what were your memories of that weekend?

The 2018 Polyglot Conference was held at the Grand Hotel Union in Ljubljana. It was a wonderful venue, and the event went well despite the rain and the Ljubljana Marathon on Sunday. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I was there. I remember the rain and the marathon and the annoucement at the end that the following year would be in Fukuoka. I stayed with a lovely lady in her AirBnB appartment. She was multilinugual (Slovene, Croatian, Italian & English) I did a 90 day Croatian challenge before this and travelled on to Zagreb afterwards to practise my Croatian.

2 Likes

I was there too! I really enjoyed the conference, the people I met and Lubjana at night!

2 Likes

Wow, cool. I took one of the hotels that the Conference had deals on, but it was 2 km away from the venue. :joy: So when I went out on Saturday night, I was out too late, and missed the last bus, so I had no choice but to walk back. :laughing:

2 Likes

Yes, Ljubljana at night is really lovely. :smiley:
I’d like to go back someday…

2 Likes

I was there. Wonderful experience

2 Likes

I was in Ljubljana for the conference, too. I remember bumping into Alex Rawlings at the bridge with the dragon right after my arrival. I interpreted it as a good sign. A wonderful conference with many polyglot friends I had met the years before. I also made many new friends. I miss hanging out with them, speaking multiple languages while exploring the new town and culture.

2 Likes