What is the easiest language for you?

wow, what a comprehensive answer. I agree though. and I agree that Esperanto is easier than other romance languages :laughing:

1 Like

are you turkish native speaker? :smile:

wow, thank you! I am looking for this. answering what easy and difficult from my language :laughing:

so musicians are better in tonal language, got it.

The easiest foreign language by far is English, probably because its grammar is very simple.

I disagree that the lack of verb tenses makes a language easier. In such a language, when there’s a need to make it clear that I mean, say, the past, I would have to find some roundabout way of doing it, and I’d still be left wondering if the listener will really understand that I mean the past. In English, you have the past and the future, but the relevant grammatical forms are very easy to figure out. That’s what makes a language easy.

4 Likes

Good morning,

Similar to Indonesian, the grammar of Afrikaans is very easy as there are less tenses, no gender differentiation of nouns, etc. If you know any of the languages of the Germanic group of languages, Afrikaans will be a feast as it is grammatically much easier than German or Dutch. Even the word order in German and Afrikaans is the same.

So, in my opinion the easiest languages are the younger ones in a language family group. Afrikaans is much easier than the Germanic languages from which it has developed, because languages tend to become grammatically easier over time.

For each person the easiest language will differ as each person’s mother tongue is linked to a specific language family group.

Greetings from South Africa.

6 Likes

now I am curious about afrikaan :grin:

1 Like

The easiest language for me to learn was Esperanto, although I didn’t find time to learn it, yet I am thinking to get back to it.
The second easiest language I have learn was of course English.

1 Like

I agree, Esperanto is easy. I have been learning it for 4 months and my level in esperanto more or less the same or even more compared to my spanish which I already learned for a year

1 Like

Such an interesting topic. I would say Spanish and then Russian and German were easiest for me and for different reasons…

• Spanish because I started it young and had great teachers.
  • Russian was easy because I had a great first professor who was just plain FUN, and because I’ve had THREE immersion experiences with it, two in the former Soviet Union and one here in Vermont at a summer program with no English allowed. There was no choice but learn it.
  • German just seemed logical to me and because of its ties with English and because I was used to cases by the time I started it.

Irish is NOT easy, but it’s so beautiful and fascinating that I just keep falling more in love with the language the more I learn.

3 Likes

such a great language learning journey :blush:

Esperanto. Besides all of its traits mentioned in many websites, I find it easy to remember thel Esperanto logical grammar. It has many Romance-based words, so it helps to understand Romance languages too. It is also easy to make international friends by Esperanto. I feel more equal in terms of the communication.

1 Like

From the languages I know or learn I think Korean is the easiest for me. It’s far away from my native one (Russian), but it seems so logical and easy to speak or write :smiley:

2 Likes