日本語 <3

I tried iTalki classes for French and Korean to see what it is like.

My take away is that you would have to prepare for the lesson beforehand to take full advantage of it.
Agree with the tutor to work on a set of material for say a period of 10 lessons; work on them before your session so that you can utlize the tutor fully when you meet him or her on iTalki.

4 Likes

I’ve joined to see what it’s like as well. I’m fairly comfortable in conversational Japanese, but my big stumbling block is vocabulary.

3 Likes

Similarly, I felt like I could understand a fair amount of the conversation, but, being out of practice have aptly forgotten a lot of vocab! To be fair, also some of the convo was beyond what I had learned, but it seemed super useful to me! Have you done any separate from this event? I’m wondering how one would go about finding a teacher!

I haven’t done much else. This is my first event. I could make it to Fukuoka last year because of work.

I review the Duolingo app for vocab and listening practice and listen to the NHK daily news podcast. Beyond that I chat on Facebook with friends from when I lived in Japan.

2 Likes

皆さんこんにちは。

ジェンと申します。フランスで生まれて2016年に日本に仕事しに来ました。今は東京に住んでいます。残念ながら日本に住んでも仕事の中で日本語が全然使えません。これから敬語の勉強を中心に日本語の勉強を続けたいと思います。このpolyglot gatheringに参加してる方と一緒に大好きな言語の話ができるとはすばらしいだと思います。

よろしくお願いいたします。

4 Likes

皆さんこんにちは!東アジア言語に興味のある方は、明日の午後1時(ロンドン時間)からの参加を歓迎します。また明日!

3 Likes

Depends on your learning style. If you are new to the language then that works but once you get to a A2 / B1 level, I actually like doing just free form Conversation Practice.

Here’s a great channel that I still am listening to:

Benjiro recorded 20+ italki Japanese lessons with different teachers and he writes out the harder words and phrases in Romanji. You can get the Japanese subtitles too if you turn on auto translate Japanese.

1 Like

For podcasts, I highly recommend…

https://nihongoswitch.com/

She sends out a vocabulary list once a week, talks about interesting topics, has a clear voice, and the background music is unobtrusive (I have problems concentrating on most podcasts because of too loud background music, so that’s a big plus for me…). You can also print a transcript of each episode to read along! I love it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

凄い! これはとても便利です。ありがとうございます!

1 Like

私も中級の場合はポッドキャストを利用するのが大好きな~!
Nihongo Con Teppeiを皆に絶対にお勧めしたい。(っ・ω・)っ≡≡≡≡≡≡☆

この番組は初心者のバージョンもある。要するに、聞く力には本当に本当に役に立ちます。個人的に、コミュニケーションの中でよく理解できたのはこのポッドキャストのおかげでだったわ。最近話す機会がならないのに、聞く力がキープ出来た。全部でポッドキャストのお陰でね。

日本語を練習していです。 何時に暇ですか? 今日は16時倫敦時間いいですか?

@Feilin
僕はロンドン時間15:00ならOKです。

1 Like

@takashiロンドン15時も大丈夫です!

@Feilin
じゃあロンドン時間15:00にZoloa Worldで。

みなさん、ロンドン時間15:00(日本時間24:00)にZoloa Worldで日本語会話をやりますので、よかったらお越しください。
We are going to have a Japanese language exchange at 15:00 (UK) / 24:00 (Japan) in Zoloa World. Please join us if you feel like speaking/hearing some Japanese :wink:

2 Likes

@Takashi 手伝ってくれてありがとう。

2 Likes

@Jinyoung
いえいえ ^^

(실은 ありがとう는 “고마워” 같은 반말이라서 언제나 ございます를 붙이는 게 더 좋은 것 같아요 :wink:)

2 Likes

昨日はよろしくお願いします。タカシさんは私にとても忍耐強いです。 私は日本語の初心者です。
改善するために最善を尽くします!

昨天很感谢你的帮助。我还是日语初学者。你对我很有耐心。
谢谢你的鼓励!我会很努力学习!

1 Like

@Feilin
いえいえ。昨日は楽しかったです。日本語の勉強がんばってください ^^

2 Likes

定期的に日本語の練習をすることはできますか?誰にとっても良い時間は何時ですか?私は毎日朝、ロンドン時間に通常通り利用できます。/Pouvons-nous programmer des temps régulières pour pratiquer le japonais ? Quel heure est bonne pour tout le monde ? Pour moi, je suis dispo normalement au matin toutes les journées, temps de Londres. /我们可以定一段时间每周一次或者两次练习日语吗?大家什么时候最方便?我大概每天早晨在伦敦时间有空。

毎週の日本語と韓国語の交流。詳細はこちらをクリックしてください。日本語と韓国語の交流

4 Likes