Resources for Arabic?

Ok… so I have a lot of language exchanges and occasional Arabic italki tutors as well as studying in the University… but I want to find people who live in Brasil and speak Arabic. I have one language partner who lives in Brasil and is a Syrian refugee. I want to practice both languages at the same time. How can I find these Lebanese people who live in Brasil?

If you’re looking for a dictionary for dialects, there’s a free online dictionary called:

Check it out, you may find it useful.

2 Likes

Sorry for the quite late reply!
I found the video interesting to watch simply because of the varieties they revealed but I obviously could not follow all the “insider fun” that was happening :slight_smile: And it’s surely a nice way to get a glimpse into dialects other than your target one!

1 Like

Yes, I love the Arabic culture, it is so rich of variety! I have not tuned into belly-dancing music but I listen to some contemporary music from time to time and I follow some VT channels which are both partly in Arabic and English - I love checking out new recipes and diving into the culinary Arabic world that way! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hi Lisa! Have you checked facebook groups of expats in Brasil? Maybe you could post there to find someone to chat with!

Hi ladies and gents!

I will be hosting a workshop on Lebanese Arabic this Friday at 11 am EST. I am planning to discuss the dialectal variations with respect to MSA, among other related topics.

The name of the workshop is “A Guide to Lebanese Arabic with Zeina.”

I am very excited to share this with you, and I hope to see you all there!!

If I forgot to tag anyone, please, pass on the date and time for anyone else who might be interested. :smiley:

Hi everyone,

We had interesting discussions today and we shared few resources on Arabic that I like to include here for everyone to have equal access to. Please, feel free to add more if you have any other resources.

MSA media of all Arabic countries: https://arabic-media.com/arabicnews.htm

Arabic dialect books: Ligualism.com

Zeina

1 Like

@CHALO

I did not forget that you asked about English references to learn Arabic. I believe someone you knew needed some help with that. My apologies for being so late - I meant to do this sooner :slight_smile:

Please, check out this reference (not sure if you knew about it already).

I searched for “Arabic Learning” and tons of references came up. You can also search in different languages and tons of other topics. Everything you find here is free.

Let me know if you have further questions :slight_smile:

1 Like